PayPal UK Community Chat - 14/12/2016.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 14th of December between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 14th of December. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

I will ask one now as I won't be around this afternoon.

If someone has funds in their paypal balance but don't have either a bank account or a card of any type linked, can they still buy things with those funds?

Only I tend to say that paypal like you to have a back up card to verify that paypal account before you can use funds in your balance but is that advice correct or not?

Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Kernowlass. 

Sure, that's no problem. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread during the day but I'll be here most of the time between 4 and 6 this afternoon.

If a customer receives funds on their PayPal balance, there should be no issues in using the funds towards a purchase or to send money. Sometimes our security system may request a funding source to be added before the payment can complete processing. Also, if there are sending limits have been reached on the PayPal account, this may also have an impact in sending the funds.

Hope this helps Smiley Wink

David. 

Login to Me Too

CPDAIT

Hi David,

We have an option on our website for people to set up a monthly subscription. However, the set-up process they then go through on Paypal doesn't ask them for an address, and no address comes through to us for these subscribers in the reports.

1. Is it possible to obtain the existing billing addresses for these people?

2. Is it possible to alter the process so that they are asked to confirm their address (this does happen on the single payment process) - and, ideally, asked to give us permission to contact them?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there CPDAIT.

Thanks for reaching out. 

Can I ask if you are posting items on a monthly basis to your subscribers? We would only provide a postage address to a customer if a goods payment is being received. It sounds to me that your subscriptions may have been created to process the payments as service payments to your account.

David.

Login to Me Too

CPDAIT

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, David.

Is that different for single payments, for which we do get addresses? Both our subscriptions and single payments are actually for donations. We do send occasional updates in the post to regular givers - would this count as goods?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey CPDAIT.

You're more then welcome. Yes, it would be different for single payments that are sent to you each time by buyers. If you receive a payment as a goods payment, this should always incldue a delivery address in order for you to post the item to your buyer.

If you are receiving a donation payment this would not normally include a delivery address as items are not typically posted out for donation payments.

Something that you could consider would be to ask buyers for their shipping or home address through your website before they are directled to the checkout page on PayPal.

David.

Login to Me Too

CPDAIT

Yep, I think we'll have to look at adding something to our website as a solution.

Thanks a lot for your help, David!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Anytime CPDAIT Smiley Wink

Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you in future. 

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.