PayPal UK Community Chat – 14/06/2017

PayPal_david
Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 14th of June between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 14th of June. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

BenNaylor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, long story short, I withdrew a sum of money from my PayPal account to what I thought was my bank account, however I accidentally input the last 4 digits wrong and therefore the funds went to the wrong bank account. After going back and forth on the phone from my bank to PayPal, I managed to get PayPal to trace the funds and give me a FPID code for them. I emailed this to my bank and they said I needed you to perform a 'credit payment recovery'. I'm somewhat tired of talking on the phone so I was just wondering whether a credit payment recovery is something you can do, or if not, is there anything else you can do. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @BenNaylor 

I'm sorry to hear what has happened recently when you have tried to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account. 

If the funds have completed processing to another bank account, it may be possible that we may be able to request the payment to be returned to us. This would need to be done by reaching out to our customer service team directly and there is no guarantees when this is requested.

This would be depend on if the bank accept or refuse PayPals request to return the payment to us. The best option I can advise is that you try reaching out to our customer service team directly to request this and we will see what we can do to help.

David.

Login to Me Too

BenNaylor
Contributor
Contributor

I have called multiple times and I have requested the you request the funds to be given back, however the person I spoke to last just said it wasn't possible for them to send ths request. Should I try and ask for a supervisor and see if they can help as im quite stuck.

Login to Me Too

TahirKhan
New Community Member
Hi, yesterday I got an email saying my account was limited. I had to complete a process of sending my iD, Proof Of Adress & etc. I sent everything correctly and I got an email today saying this: Dear Tahir Khan , We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that you were under 18 years old when you opened your PayPal account. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a PayPal account. From now on, you can't send or receive money with this account. If you've outstanding buyer complaints and you want to refund your customers, you can do so via the Resolution Centre in your PayPal account. To continue using our service, please open a new PayPal account. You'll need to use a different email address. In case you want to use the same financial information for your new PayPal account, please send us a bank statement for the bank account ending with XXXX, so we can remove that bank account from the old PayPal account. The bank statement needs to contain your name and the bank account number as they appear in your old PayPal account. Please ensure that the bank statement is not older than 12 months. After approval you can then add your bank account to your new PayPal account. However I believe this is incorrect, as I created my PayPal account when I was 18. So why has my account been limited? I also have a balance of £105 and I can't do anything with it. I need to refund a buyer and I don't have the option to refund him anymore either. I tried multiple different ways and I'm still not able to refund the buyer.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again @BenNaylor

We cannot view and discuss account specific information via the Community so we can't advise if this has been requested already on your account. It's possible that this may have already been requested but we can only advise you to try reaching out to us directly so that we can check for you.

Hey @TahirKhan

Welcome to the Community!

If you created your account while you were under 18, you would need to create a new PayPal account so that you can use PayPal in future.

If you need to refund a payment, this can be done by sending us an email to request the payment be refunded through the 'Help & Contact' icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

If you were asked to provide us with photo id and proof of address to verify your account, we would match the information with the date you created your account. If we can see that you were under 18 when you created your account, this would be why you received this email.

When you provide us with a bank statement, we can then reset your information so that you can register the details to your new PayPal account.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.