PayPal UK Community Chat – 13/09/2017

PayPal_david
Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 13th of September between 4pm and 5pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the chat ends on the 13th of September. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This seems to be an ongoing anomaly.

I have seen conflicting advice on paypals site and from the mods on fees for friends / family payments involving DEBIT CARDS.

You and the link you have posted state you pay a fee if you fund it from a debit card.

Yet in the user agreement AND when you click on send money > friends family it clearly states >>

FROM THE USER AGREEMENT.

A1.1 Domestic Personal Transaction payment Fees

Note that either the sender or the recipient pays the Fee, not both. Please see A4.2.3 of this Schedule 1 for more information.

Activity

Fee for payment fully funded by:
- PayPal Balance;
- Bank; and/or

- Debit Card (in GBP between UK registered Accounts).

Sending or Receiving

Free (when no currency conversion is involved)

As you can see it states FREE with a debit card.

And again >>

FROM THE SEND MONEY OPTION WHEN YOU GO TO PAY.

Send money to friends and family. >

No fee if you use your PayPal balance, bank account or debit card to send money in GBP to friends or family within the UK.

However your link states there IS a fee for a debit card >>

Sending money – Personal payments:

There are no fees within the UK to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of your PayPal balance and bank account.

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the is 3.4% plus 20p of the amount you send. For example, if you send £100.00 GBP by credit card, the fee would be £3.60 GBP (£3.40 GBP + 20p).

I have pointed out this conflicting advice in the past as we have had users on here stating they are being charged for debit card payments for family / friends payments and the advice on the site and the moderators also changes.

Can you please clarify why the advice is different in 2 places on paypals site and from the mods. Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Gonna keep you busy today.

Second one >>

A lot of folks have been saying that when you click to 'add funds' to your paypal account there is only x1 option now and that is the 'you move money' option. I have checked this myself and its true, in my account as well there is only one option.

However when someone phoned customer services they were told that the options were both available but they do not appear to be.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again @kernowlass

In regards to your question about the changes to options when trying to add funds from a bank account. This is something that has been brought to our attention recently. We are still waiting on clarification of this process too and I will let you know when there are any more updates on this as soon as I get any.

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Thank you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @kernowlass. I hope you're keeping well Smiley Wink

I understand that this is a recurring question and I want to ensure that I get to the bottom of this for you. I'm going to pass this to the relevant teams to look into this further and see if we can get clarification on this.

I will get an update for you on this as soon as possible. It may not be today but as soon as I have any further information, I will let you and other Community members know.

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Thank you again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AnisaD
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, sort of panicking as I haven't received money into my PayPal account but I know the person sent it yesterday and have seen their transaction confirmation.

There isn't usually a delay transfering from PayPal to PayPal....any idea what's going on?

Please help! I'm stuck in Peru and need this money to get home!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there @AnisaD.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here.

What I would advise you to do first of all is to double check the 'Settings' page on PayPal to ensure that your primary email address is confirmed on your account. If your email address is not confirmed, this may explain why you are not receiving this payment.

The next step would be to check that the sender of the payment has sent the payment to the correct email address. If they have sent you proof that the payment has been sent, you should be able to check to see what email address was used.

Another possibility is that a payment is being sent to you in a currency that is not added to your PayPal account. If you login to PayPal and click on the 'Details' option beside your PayPal balance, then 'Manage Currencies' on the next page, you can ensure that this currency is showing as an active balance on your PayPal account.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

AnisaD
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for trying to help David.

I've been told to ask the sender to contact PayPal as nobody seems to be able to explain what's wrong.

PayPal has confirmed my email address is correct.

I've seen the transaction confirmation and my email adress is correct.

The funds being transfered are in my primary currency.

The funds have already been debited from the senders account (almost 24hrs ago).

This has never happened before and it's the one time that I'm in an emergency and need the money to go through.

Thanks again,

Anisa

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.