PayPal UK Community Chat - 13/04/2018

PayPal_david

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Friday the 13th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand at the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat.

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 13th of April. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Friday the 13th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand at the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat.

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 13th of April. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Hi @PayPal_david,

There are still reports of customers, on the desktop website, experiencing the slower withdrawal service on their account. This is not the 72 hour hold, but an ongoing system issue which processes transfers via BACS rather than Faster Payments. This has resulted in withdrawal completion times of around 5 business days - more than the normal maximum completion time.

I believe that from the amount of people affected, it is more widespread than isolated. I cannot confirm whether all accounts are affected, however it would seem there still are quite a few.

I would like to receive clarification on these pointers:

A. Have PayPal identified the problem, or is it not considered one?

B. If it has been identified as a problem, have PayPal started to commence reparation or is that information currently undisclosed? If it has not been identified, should affected customers continue to contact Customer Service to report it?

C. What advice should volunteer advisers on the forum provide to affected customers? I have previously indicated to customers that it was fixed, based on confirmation from a veteran forum member, however it would appear that this is not the case. Should I advise them to simply contact Customer Services to report it or wait the 5 business days + explain that the problem is being investigated?

D. I noticed that this issue started after an update to the withdrawal visual interface, is the issue associated with such recent update or is that information currently undisclosed?

Your official comments would be appreciated on this matter.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @Brandon-P

Thanks for reaching out!

We are aware of an issue that some customers were experiencing when trying to withdraw funds to their bank account from PayPal. Our technical teams are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible to ensure that customers can access their funds as soon as possible. This may already be resolved for a lot of or even all users but if there are any customers that are still noticing delays, we are getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

If you do receive any questions from customers who are still experiencing difficulties when trying to access their funds, we would advise you to ask them to contact us directly and we can assist them further. 

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Hi David, you changing this to a Friday now or is it an extra?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Kernowlass.

I hope you're keeping well. 

We are going to trial Wednesdays and Fridays for our Community Chat for the next few weeks to see what works best for our customers Smiley Happy

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.