PayPal UK Community Chat – 11/10/2017

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 11th of October between 4pm and 6pm GMT. We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 11th of October. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

achfire
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

it's been more than 1 month that i can't use paypal to send money, i have limitation

notifications.png
i sent all the documents you asked me too but still nothing. i live with my father that's why the water bill contains his name"brahim hasnaoui",
i sent you an other document to prove my address which contains my name but still not accepted.i don't understand.please can you check that issue, my business is in pause right now because i can't send money to the stores i'm working with.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @achfire,

Welcome to our UK Community!

Unfortunately, we cannot discuss specific account issues on this platform. I would suggest you contact our Customer Support directly either by sending a request through the secure Message Centre on your account or by calling our Customer Support on 0800 358 7911. You should receive an email update as to why your documents were not accepted.

A proof of address must in your name and the address must match that as it appears on PayPal. The document needs to be issued within the last 12 months. We would not only request utility bills, we would also accept Bank or Credit card statements, and Government issued letters and Payslips from your Employer.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Holly131
New Community Member

HI, 

I beileve I am being sent fake emails from paypal from a buyer. 

Put a phone up for sale. Got a message from a buyer asking to buy it. 

Share email addresses and gave her my paypal address to transfer money. 

Phone was bought for her sons birthday who I had to post it to. 

After not recieving the payment I got an email from "paypal" saying the paypment was in escrow and I need to send the parcel straight away and report back with shipment info and tracking numbers. 

After refusing to send phone until I recieved the money first the lady started to get aggressive and I stopped replying to emails. 

I then recieved an email from paypal saying my account would be suspended in 48hours unless I shipped the product. Also that legal action would be taken agaisnt me and that the FBI would get involved. I have been sent many emails from paypal I beileve to be fake. Almost insantly once they were sent the lady would email asking if I got the email of confirmation etc. 

However I have kept the phone up for real buyers/bids.

Do I need to be worried? Reported to spoof at paypal and filed a complaint against the lady.

Any help would be appreciated!:)  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Holly131,

Firstly, I can confirm this scenario is one we hear regularly and is definitely not legitimate. There is no need to worry about this, as all they have is your email address. You can easily block the sender’s email address.

You will find more information of these type of issues and a lot more here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/phishing

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

lidinata
Contributor
Contributor
Hi,what I can do,if I already paid an item at eBay and I want my money back.They say I had a temporary account at pay pal so I can't have my money back.please Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @lidinata,

It would appear you have made a guest payment, this is a payment where a debit or credit card payment was processed without setting up an account. I presume you are outside the time frame to open a dispute on eBay. You can still open a dispute on PayPal if the transaction is not older than 180 days.  You can either create an account by choosing that option on the payment receipt email sent to you originally or if you already have an account contact our Customer Support.

Our Customer Support should be able to assist getting your money back once a legitimate dispute reason is given. You will find the contact detail on the Homepage in the Help section.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.