PayPal UK Community Chat - 11/04/2018

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 11th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat.

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 11th of April. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

NicolaJC
New Community Member

Hi, I need to have a payment investigated, but I cannot find an easy way to do this.

Last week I made payment via the 'friends and family' option and never received my items. The person who initiated this is a scammer and there were 3 others who fell victim to them.

I couldn't see how to get hold of anyone without going through the 'unauthorised' option, so my reply from Reezal of Paypal last week was "If you made this payment intentionally, but you never received your item or you received an item that was different from what was advertised, we may be able to investigate this payment for you and help to find a satisfactory outcome. If you want to take this option, please let us know and we can open a claim for you."

He however didn't say how I make contact.  Now everytime I select the relevant payment in the Resolution Centre, an error message appears. How can I get this sorted please? Can you give me a direct email address or make contact?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @NicolaJC,

Welcome to our Community!

Because you chose to send payment using the friends and family member option, you are not covered under our Buyer Protection Policy. This can only be claimed if the payment was sent using the goods or service option.

This payment option is only to be used when making payments to someone you know. When you reported the payment as unauthorised this would have been denied as this was not the case, since you did authorise the payment initially. Here is our Buyer Protection explained Buyer Protection.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Picky91
Contributor
Contributor
So my PayPal withdrawals are currently still pending. The money in my account is money sent through none purchases. Just money transferred over to me that way. The money was withdrawn to my bank account on the 9th April but I still seem to be waiting. It’s not gone in to my account and I’m just wondering when it would. Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Picky91,

Withdrawals can take anything from 2 – 72 hrs to complete through our system. Generally they'll complete within 2 hours however we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released. This type of review can happen for various reasons. For example, you may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account, you may be logging in from an unsecure network or you may have made changes to your account. You would normally receive an notification of the timeframe before you commit to the withdrawal..

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@PayPal_Martin wrote:

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 11th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat.

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 11th of April. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Hi @PayPal_Martin

I am a new voluntary adviser on the forum, however this week, there have been numerous reports of withdrawal issues on the desktop website. I have tested this and confirmed it took 5 days to process - via BACS rather than the normal Faster Payments.

This is not an isolated issue and the amount of reports I've received would confirm this. I have been confused on which advice to provide to customers, as I do not know whether it has actually been fixed. One reputable member of the forum said it had been, but another user has since claimed otherwise.

I would appreciate your clarification on this matter.

I am not referring to the normal 2-72 hour withdrawal period. This issue only affects desktop users, not withdrawals made through the PayPal mobile application. Withdrawals made on the desktop site use the old transfer system, which can take up-to 5 business days via BACS credit.

Login to Me Too

xICometz
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case asking for a charge back from a service i ordered online and the case is now closed and i am wondering if I will get the money back or not as the seller has disappeared on all social medias and has also ran off with other peoples money too.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @xICometz,

We cannot comment on specific case issue on this platform. If you feel the case was closed incorrectly, please appeal the case in the closed case section of the Resolution Centre - Appeal. In such cases , we usually ask the merchant to provide proof the service was provided.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

xICometz
Contributor
Contributor

There us no option for me to appeal my closed claim 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

You can send a request through the Message Centre if you think the case was closed incorrectly. You will find this in the Help section of your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.