PayPal UK Community Chat - 10/01/2018

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 10th of January between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 10th of January. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin

Hiya, i saw a post that said PAD is being phased out in the U.S in January / Feb.

Are there plans to phase it out here as well?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@kernowlass

Hi,  yes we are aware of the discontinuation of the Pay After Delivery option in the US market. There have been no communication in regards to other markets being impacted by this decision.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

DamienCollyer
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Im trying to send money to a small business using my PayPal credit but I can’t seem to add it as a funding option. Is this possible?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @DamienCollyer,

Welcome to pour Community!

As this is an account specific issue, I cannot provide an accurate reason. How long have you had the PayPal credit option? Is the transaction in £GBP? Have you tried using a different funding source? This could be our security blocking the payment . I would suggest you call our Support on 0800 358 7911, after a brief account ownership validation , they will assist with the transaction.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

DamienCollyer
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Martin. Had it about 3 months and it is GBP. I’ll give them a call. Thanks again for your help.
Login to Me Too

louie7
Hello just gone on my bank statement and a charge if £12.98 has been taken out of my bank account. It says a direct debit to PayPal but I have brought anything from PayPal what is this charge for?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @louie7,

Welcome to our Community!

If the payment was processed through a Direct Debit , this would mean the transaction should be on your PayPal account. If you have registered your bank as a funding source in the past , all transaction funded by your bank account go through the Direct Debit process. Please check the Activity section on your account  to locate the transaction. Please use the detailed view option to check if a balance on the account was used for a recent purchase and the bank as an additional funding source if the amount sent was more than the balance. I would also like to make you aware that the bank funded transaction take 2 -3 business days to clear from the bank , so you may need to go back on the dates when searching.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

cfhm12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i've just purchased my local bus tickets through the bus apps, its usually token the payment through my credit card that i've saved before but this time, it token the payment in my paypal balance but i don't want this payment token through my balance so i've cancelled it after i realised that the payment had been token from my balance.  but i've used one bus ticket just now, i can pay one ticket from my balance but not the rest of it (as i've used the ticket), i've cancel it but it's possible to cancel the payment or change the payment methods? what do i need to do?
Many thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @cfhm12,

As this is an account specific issue relating to your funding source. I would suggest you contact the merchant to cancel the order or issue you a partial refund  for the tickests not used. Please note once a payment is made, the funding source cannot be changed.

You could also contact our Custoemr Support ion 0800 358 7911 for more account specific advice.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.