PayPal UK Community Chat - 08/03/2017.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 8th of March between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 8th of March. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kharnty
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for an item with Paypal which did not arrive. I went through the resolution process, and on 14th Feb the case was closed and I received an email from you saying "Due to the unique circumstances of this claim, we're refunding you at no cost to the seller. You'll receive a refund. It should reflect in your PayPal balance within 5 working days, if not sooner."

I still haven't received the refund. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@kernowlass

I am glad the other issue was resolved . The Seller in this case should respond through the resolution centre case. Their response will release the funds held back to the buyer if it is to refund or accept responsibility. If there is insufficient funds on the acocunt the account will remain with a negative balance. This would need to resolved by the Seller.

Thanks - Martin

Login to Me Too

Nicola4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I used a £5 thank you credit on a recent order. Now the company I placed the order with has said that they can't fulfill the order and that they will refund me.

Will the £5 thank you credit go back into my Paypal account to use on another order as I'm not the one who requested the refund?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Calebh77
Contributor
Contributor

i sold some shoes through friends and family and the buyer is telling me they havent recieved the item?? and i cant find the proof of postage what is going to happen?

Login to Me Too

cdtvn89

Hello, I have repeatedly emailed Paypal via messages center but have not received an answer. I have some funds in my Paypal telling Minimum reserve. I haven't sold anything for 4 year. I know that PayPal will re-evaluate my account periodically to determine whether the reserve should be changed. I want to withdraw my money, please fully remove a reserve from my account. Thank you very much.

Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Kharnty.

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

If there has been a refund issued on a payment that you processed through PayPal, the refund may have been sent back to the original debit/credit card that was used to fund the payment. When this happens, it can take a few days for your card issuer to process the refund.

On average, this takes between 3 and 5 working days for the refund to be processed but in some cases it can take a bit longer depending on how long it would take for your bank to process the refund.

Can I ask if you have checked with your bank to see if they can see the refund being received on their side?

Hi there Nicola4.

Welcome to the Community!

If there is a refund issued and a credit has been used towards funding the payment, the credit may be refunded directly back to your PayPal balance.

If this does not happen when the refund is issued, I would advise you to reach out to our customer service team directly so that we can check this out for you and process a refund on the credit to your account.

Hi Calebh77.

Thanks for reaching out.

If you have sold an item and received a payment as a friends/family payment, you would not be covered under our Seller Protection Policy in the event of a case being filed on the payment. I would advise you to try working with your buyer directly to try and resolve the issue between yourselves. If you are unable to locate the postage receipt showing that you posted the item, you could try reaching out to your delivery company directly to see if there is anything that they can do on their side to initiate a trace on the item.

Hey Cdtvn89.

Thanks for your question.

If you are unable to access funds that are currently showing in your PayPal balance, you should try reaching out to our customer service team directly so that we can look into this further for you. This can be done by calling us directly on 0800 358 7911 and we can assist you further with accessing the funds in your account.

David.

Login to Me Too

Calebh77
Contributor
Contributor

but surely he isnt under buyer protection this means im a pair of shoes down and money down? i have asked to postal company and they cant help so what do you think the outcome will be?

Login to Me Too

kharnty
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing has shown up on my bank statement.

The initial payment was taken from my Paypal balance.

Login to Me Too

cuddles9691

how do i actually get hold of paypal customer services as i'm abit concerned about a refund?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.