PayPal UK Community Chat - 06/12/5017

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 6th of December between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the  6th of December. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

Martin

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

wopa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

having a problem with my paypal dropdowns. Keep getting the dreaded 'Things don't seem to be working at the moment, please try again later' message. Have tried lots of the suggestions but nothing seems to work. I am probably being a bit dense but any tips would be appreciated.

I did raise this as a question but have had no responses and am getting desperate.  /t5/About-Business/Things-don-t-seem-to-be-working-at-the-moment-please-try-again/m-p/1374348/thread-id/62003?profile.language=en

Login to Me Too

Nimbus2000
Contributor
Contributor

Whoops. didn't mean to 'me too' on your post. Anyway, I'm curious. Do you handle the 2 step authentication side? Can Paypal get a 2 step authentication like Google and Microsoft's, where you press a popup on your phone when you want to log in? Or at least a 'remember me on this device' prompt so I don't have to verify on my home PC?

I know Paypal and eBay are no longer linked, but I'm sure you have some connections there. My selling page, when I leave it for a while, redirects to phishing websites without me clicking on anything (Chrome, Win 10). I've also got some very convincing phishing e-mails saying 'Paypal account locked'. I suspected somethign was up when they started asking for my mother's maiden name. Only the e-mail address (which most web clients don't bother to show unless you click on it) gave it away.

Finally, I've had "'voucher code' and a green £ sign below the buy button for a few items. It comes and goes, and eBay (who I've contacted) said their tech guys are working on it. I've already checked my PC and browser. The issue doesn't lie with me. 

Login to Me Too

Nimbus2000
Contributor
Contributor

While you're here, could I direct you to my other query? /t5/Limits-and-verification/Paypal-wants-more-information-from-me/m-p/1373570#M16556

Having a limited account doesn't seem to be bad in the slightest. Will verifying remove my selling limit?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @wopa,

Welcome to our Community!

This sounds like an account specific issue. Does it relate to you own website link to the checkout?

As we are unable to see or discuss your account through the Community, you should try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Nimbus2000,

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately, we only have the 2FA available using SMS service on the UK market. We are exploring other possibilities to help this process become more adaptable.

In regards to eBay and PayPal links, though we still collaborate with them as a preferred payment processor our links are no so strong and we would not be able to share any information on accounts.

It seems you are aware of the possible threats from the phishing emails you received; here is some further information on how to deal with this https://goo.gl/Ikfxex.

I am sure eBay will resolve the issue with the voucher code.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.