PayPal UK Community Chat – 05/07/2017

PayPal_david
Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 5th of July between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 5th of July. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

LucasDcrk

Hi, will the PayPal Mastercard come to France anytime soon?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @LucasDcrk

Welcome to the Community!

We wouldn't have any time frame on upcoming features being launched in different countries.

All I can advise at the moment is if we are launching any new products or features in a new country, we will update our customers via the relevant Facebook and Twitter pages.

I hope this helps.

David. 

Login to Me Too

LucasDcrk
Yep, thanks!
Also, why did you limited the max lenght of PayPal passwords, without any 2FA option?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

I'm sorry but there is a maximum charachter limit for a password on PayPal. This has always been the case and I haven't heard of any upcoming changes to this process either I'm afraid.

David.

Login to Me Too

TMSA-UK
Contributor
Contributor

Have been tweeting since last night trying to get some response from you with regard to transgender people changing their names on their accounts.  We are the largest trans masculine support group in the UK and regularly we have members complaining that despite uploading their change of name deedpolls you refuse to change their names.  A deedpoll in the UK is a legal document which is used to change names on passports, in banks and driving licences plus government bodies HMRC.  A deedpoll can be written on anything, from toilet paper to parchment.  The legal part is the wording.   Many of our members use a free deedpoll service rather than give money to companies who say they are the only legal service which is basically a scam.  Passport offices accept those happily as do banks, so why not you?   It's causing a huge amount of stress.  Flying the pride flag is wonderful, but you also have to do the work behind the scenes.   Please sort this so we can go back to our members with something positive.   (Removed by Moderator)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @TMSA-UK.

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing when trying to update the registered name on your PayPal account.

If you have sent us a message directly via Twitter, you will receive a response soon when your message has been received from the relevant teams. 

If a deed poll and a valid photo id & proof of address documents have been supplied, this will be enough to change the name on PayPal. We would need to see an email sent through the account via the 'Help & Contact' icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage requesting the name change before this can be processed.

David.

Login to Me Too

TMSA-UK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David, thanks for your response.  I am pretty sure that all of these requests have been done.  It seems a 'registered' deed poll was asked for and in one instance, the corners of the deedpoll were cut off slightly which made it unacceptable.  Seems a little petty? 

Login to Me Too

RHerniati
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, my account is limited now, and I've given all the files requested by paypal, until when I have to wait for your approval?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi @RHerniati

Welcome to the Community!

If there was a limitation placed on your PayPal account and you provided the requested information through your Resolution Centre, you will receive an update via email when there is any additional information for you.

This normally takes on average 48-72 hours but it would depend on a few different factors. For example, if you can still send and receive money on your account, this could take a bit longer for your case to be reviewed as you can still use your account while your case is waiting to be resolved. Another reason would be if there was a large number of cases waiting to be reviewed by the relevant teams. This may result in a slight delay in your case being reviewed but rest assured, you will be notified with any updates.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.