PayPal UK Community Chat – 03/05/2017

PayPal_Martin

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 3rd of May between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 3rd of May. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

Martin

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

mojo8-K
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, have checked my account about a refund, ts shows a refund but it is not in my bank accout. How long does it take?

Login to Me Too

grahamrober45
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I'm graham. I ordered a candy condenser dryer from eBay and paid 15.00 pounds through PayPal. And it's says delivery between last Friday and Wednesday today. I have sent the driver 2 emails and PayPal 4 emails. But nobody got back to me. I got an email from PayPal reciept saying confirmed address delivery. But it's says on paypal it's pending. But my bank says the driver has been paid and I'm still waiting and heard nothing what do I do
Login to Me Too

LottaChuu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have some questions regarding my 'old' account, which has been limited after the confirmation of my identity and address.

Since I have created the Paypal account before my 18th birthday, which was confirmed after the proof of identity check, my account has been limited and I cannot receive nor send any payments. In short, I can no longer use my account properly. I have created a new one, as I have been suggested, but the problem is that this other 'old' account is still there and I really do not want any of my personal information to possibly leak. I will remove as much information as possible after I receive the money I have withdrawn to my card but I would very much prefer to just close that account and forget about it. Since I cannot do that on my own due to limitations, is it possible to ask you to close it? And if later in some time, when I will have to provide proof of my identity and address on this new account I created, would I have any kind of problems in regards to my old account which is limited? Like I had this one issue already about being falsely assumed in having multiple accounts/being connected to other accounts. Since, as I understand, I cannot resolve this "limitation" issue in my 'old' account.

I would very much prefer clear answers to these questions.
Thank you in advance for your response!

Login to Me Too

Aramisi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i have contacted paypal support trough twitter but no reply for 5 hours, do i just send private message or how it works? just want to make sure i did it right

Login to Me Too

LottaChuu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Aramisi,

From my experience, you just send them a direct message there and it can take quite a while for them to reply, even a day or two. Patience is the key.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@mojo8-K

Welcome to the Community!

It really depends on how the initial payment was funded and how the refund was funded from the sender's side.  

•If you paid with a card, your payment will be refunded to your card. (It may take up to 30 days depending on your bank). This is normally within 5 working days.

•If you paid with your bank account or PayPal balance, your payment will be refunded to your PayPal balance 

If the payment was funded through bank funding using the Direct Debit source, it can take up to 5-7 working days for the whole transaction to complete. Therefore, the refund will only clear to your balance after the transaction has completed. 

If the Seller initiates the refund using his bank as funding source it will take a similar length of time to clear and will then go back to the card or balance depending on the way you paid.

Thanks - Martin

@grahamrober45

Hi Graham, I presume that the £15.00 was for the transport costs for the dryer. If the payment status is pending, this could mean that the receipient has not accepted the payment. There can be numerous reasons for this happening. I would suggest you give our Customer Support a quick call on 0800 358 7911 to verify the status of the payment.

As we are unable to see or discuss your account through the Community, you should try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks  - Martin

@LottaChuu

In answer to your questions, the account cannot be closed if there is a limitation in place. This would also include permanent limitations, as it is in your case. I can assure you even limited account are protected and as secure as live accounts. Once you have validated ownership of the financials used on the old account, they will be released so you can use them again on your new account.

As this limitation was not placed because of any malicious activity, there should be no fear that this will be held against your new account. You may be asked to provide documents in the future on the new account, as all accounts are dealt with separately.

Thanks - Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.