PayPal Community Chat March 5th - Now Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, March 5th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Global Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

It's time for another Community Chat, and another ice breaker to start us out! Smiley Happy What are your top 5 personal favorite sci-fi series or movies? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Adrian and everyone,

It's hard to narrow it down to just five and I'm sure this will change over time but here's what I'm feeling right now:

Top Five for me:

1. TV Series: Star Trek TNG

2. Battlestar Galactica

3. Firefly

4. Movie: Star Wars original trilogy

5. Movie: E.T.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

What are your top 5 personal favorite sci-fi series or movies? 

Oooooh. Hmmmm. I can only pick 5? Hrmmmmm. I'll narrow it down a little by sticking to TV only. In no particular order:

Firefly - A western in space. Seriously one of the best television shows ever on TV. I don't even really think of it as sci-fi, but the premise is futuristic, so it counts.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - In my opinion, the best of the collection. It departed nicely from the pristine environment of Starfleet and introduced the gritty side.

Doctor Who - I regret that I am woefully undereducated about the original series, but I am totally hooked on the new one.

Eureka - I thoroughly enjoy this show - and one of the characters is played by Max Headroom, so that's like two for one, right?

Okay I refuse to do a fifth one because I have suddenly started remembering all sorts of other ones that totally deserve to be in this list. like The 4400, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Red Dwarf, The Twilight Zone... I give up. This is too great a task!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Okay I refuse to do a fifth one because I have suddenly started remembering all sorts of other ones that totally deserve to be in this list. like The 4400, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Red Dwarf, The Twilight Zone... I give up. This is too great a task!

- Olivia

Doh! You reminded me of Doctor Who and others.  I can't decide either.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Another week, another community chat!

That's a great icebreaker Adrian.  And an extremely difficult question; there's just too many choices.

However, here's a few off the top of my head:

1. Sliders- Multiple-world travel? Oh yeah.

2. Explorers- Crazy young Ethan Hawke and kids in a homemade space ship. How could you go wrong?

3. Lost- So many things happened, still not sure about it all. But it was entertaining.

And...uh...others. Ugh. Too many. Buffer overload.

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Oooh, how about this one...

Land of the Lost!!!

(the original, of course.)

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This is a tough one for me too.  Smiley Frustrated  Ultimately I can only narrow it down to the top 5 that I personally feel are the best of the best, that I really connect with or felt were special.  Those are:

1. Blade Runner

2. Ghost in the Shell (you know I had to include some anime in here somewhere)

3. Doctor Who

4. Star Wars

5. BattleStar Galactica

My honorable mentions would include Godzilla, They Live, the Thing, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Firefly, the Riddick series, Sliders, Lexx, and even a few odd ones such as Deathrace 2000 and Westworld.

I'll second that buffer overload.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Oh man, I sure am glad I limited myself to TV. Movies would have caused a complete meltdown.

Westworld - wow. Classic. How about Soylent Green?

- Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

The PayPal Community Chat is now closed!

We wish to thank everyone who participated and look forward to chatting with you next week at this same time!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.