PayPal Community Chat 4/4 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 4th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jake42
Contributor
Contributor

I'm fully verified on Paypal, i withdraw money smoothly. Everything is legal and cool. But sadly on my latest bigger transaction i receive this message " We're sorry, we need more information. Please contact the Customer Service for assistance. " whenever i try to withdraw my hard earned funds, or send them somewhere else. Why? Im fully verified and this just brings frustration. Thanks for all help you will give me today.

Login to Me Too

ali2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have been having issue with my account lately. I have tried contacting PayPal support via twitter, but no response (its been a week already). My account got permantely limited - and, I think it's wrong, because of  the reasoning. Please check the DMs that I have sent on twitter for more information.

I would also like to add the PayPal has the best customer service! 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@ali2018 wrote:

Hi, I have been having issue with my account lately. I have tried contacting PayPal support via twitter, but no response (its been a week already). My account got permantely limited - and, I think it's wrong, because of  the reasoning. Please check the DMs that I have sent on twitter for more information.

I would also like to add the PayPal has the best customer service! 🙂

Hi @ali2018,

I'm so sorry to hear of the limitation and the delay on Twitter. The Twitter team works to respond to all queries and it does sometimes take some time to get a response out. I regret that we can't offer account-specific assistance on the forum, but a representative will be in touch as soon as possible in response to your Twitter messages. You can also reach out by Facebook, or phone or email.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

ali2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Olivia, thanks for the fast reply! I really appreciate it.

I understand, but is there any other way you guys could help me out here? Instead of just linking to another support method, such as facebook (which isn't helping me out in any sort of way). My account is perm limited - I have sent DMs to @askpaypal and I have not recieved any reply from them.

I have been a loyal PayPal user, and have used PayPal continuously to purchase items from international websites. Then as a hobby recently started selling in larger quantities: my own appliances, books and further provide digital goods and services for buyers. Which have been handled perfectly so far, providing buyers satisfaction whenever needed, such as instant refund, and a compulsory method for shipping and communication. The proof of this: is the amount of cases opened from buyers is significantly low, and have been mostly resolved instantly and with care. In addition, the eBay seller feedback is 100%. On the other hand, as a buyer, I have never had an issue with limitations on PayPal. PayPal has been used as a top-notch option for transferring money, currency to friends and families. I'm quite frustrated and annoyed that the PayPal account has been limited, and can no longer access my account.

I am respectfully requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I want PayPal to sort out my limitation because I cannot do anything right now – I cannot even pay the eBay fees, because of the limitation.  I understand PayPal’s need for holding funds for credit card chargeback purposes, however, a review of my eBay account history will reveal a very low chargeback rate as well as 100% feedback on eBay.

Aliyah,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@ali2018 wrote:

Hi @PayPal_Olivia, thanks for the fast reply! I really appreciate it.

@I understand, but is there any other way you guys could help me out here? Instead of just linking to another support method, such as facebook (which isn't helping me out in any sort of way). My account is perm limited - I have sent DMs to @askpaypal and I have not recieved any reply from them.

I have been a loyal PayPal user, and have used PayPal continuously to purchase items from international websites. Then as a hobby recently started selling in larger quantities: my own appliances, books and further provide digital goods and services for buyers. Which have been handled perfectly so far, providing buyers satisfaction whenever needed, such as instant refund, and a compulsory method for shipping and communication. The proof of this: is the amount of cases opened from buyers is significantly low, and have been mostly resolved instantly and with care. In addition, the eBay seller feedback is 100%. On the other hand, as a buyer, I have never had an issue with limitations on PayPal. PayPal has been used as a top-notch option for transferring money, currency to friends and families. I'm quite frustrated and annoyed that the PayPal account has been limited, and can no longer access my account.

I am respectfully requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I want PayPal to sort out my limitation because I cannot do anything right now – I cannot even pay the eBay fees, because of the limitation.  I understand PayPal’s need for holding funds for credit card chargeback purposes, however, a review of my eBay account history will reveal a very low chargeback rate as well as 100% feedback on eBay.

Aliyah,

Hi @ali2018,

I definitely understand the frustration you're experiencing. If there were a way to assist with general information in this situation, I would definitely do so. I regret that your issue requires direct investigation and intervention from a customer support teammate, which is not something that we can do in the forum. I sincerely hope that your query is addressed as quickly as possible.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Jake42 wrote:

I'm fully verified on Paypal, i withdraw money smoothly. Everything is legal and cool. But sadly on my latest bigger transaction i receive this message " We're sorry, we need more information. Please contact the Customer Service for assistance. " whenever i try to withdraw my hard earned funds, or send them somewhere else. Why? Im fully verified and this just brings frustration. Thanks for all help you will give me today.

Hey @Jake42,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble withdrawing your funds, that definitely sounds frustrating. 😞 When it comes to withdrawals, there can be a lot of factors that affect your ability to remove or send money. As you've stated that you're verified, you shouldn't have a withdrawal limit, however there could be a security check happening with the funds. This means we're wary of allowing them to be withdrawn at this time, but doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with your account - the origin of the payment (or the buyer's account/payment methods) can often affect this as well. 

Essentially, we just want to ensure everything regarding the transaction and any future transfers or payments using those funds are safe and secure for everyone involved. This will usually be resolved within a few days, so I would advise trying again at a later time and hopefully it goes through for you without any issues. Otherwise, please contact us so that we can look into the issue directly and see what we can find. Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Unknown12
Contributor
Contributor

My account is verified aswell, but i still can't do anything on my account, i don't know if its locked, or what is it. Help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Unknown12 wrote:

My account is verified aswell, but i still can't do anything on my account, i don't know if its locked, or what is it. Help?

Hi @Unknown12,

Not being able to use your account can definitely be a concern! When you log in, do you have any notifications of issues? You would see messages at the top right of the page with a red exclamation mark over the bell next to "Log out." If you do see a notification there, what does it say?

If there's no message up there, what error messages do you receive when trying to do things? Have you received any emails from us about the account? If you've been encountering the issue for an extended period of time, your best option is probably to contact us for more details.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.