PayPal Community Chat - 3/28 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, March 28th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ClariSeeker
New Community Member

Hello, I have a three part question in which I'm seeking clarification on transaction descriptions listed in a JPMC bank statement.

1). It appears that whenever there is a PayPal related deposit to the account, it reads "Payppal Transfer PPD ID: Paypalsd11" with no other specific identification/username associated with the description. Is this simply a transfer of money from the user's own PayPal account to the user's bank account? Or is this money from an unknown source?

2). It appears that whenever there is a PayPal related withdrawal from the account, it reads, "Paypal Inst Xfer (username or other ID) Web ID: Paypalsi77." Can you confirm that Paypalsi77 is utilized to designate a withdrawal from the user's account?

3). Are the above transaction types considered "peer-2-peer" transactions, similar to Venmo, Zelle, etc.?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@ClariSeeker wrote:

Hello, I have a three part question in which I'm seeking clarification on transaction descriptions listed in a JPMC bank statement.

1). It appears that whenever there is a PayPal related deposit to the account, it reads "Payppal Transfer PPD ID: Paypalsd11" with no other specific identification/username associated with the description. Is this simply a transfer of money from the user's own PayPal account to the user's bank account? Or is this money from an unknown source?

2). It appears that whenever there is a PayPal related withdrawal from the account, it reads, "Paypal Inst Xfer (username or other ID) Web ID: Paypalsi77." Can you confirm that Paypalsi77 is utilized to designate a withdrawal from the user's account?

3). Are the above transaction types considered "peer-2-peer" transactions, similar to Venmo, Zelle, etc.?

Thank you.

Hey @ClariSeeker

Welcome to the weekly chat, and great questions! I'll provide any details I can to help. 🙂

1. Money received into your account from PayPal is always a transfer from your PayPal balance to your bank. It's possible you may withdraw the funds to your debit card, but these transfers are not able to be sent from anywhere but the PayPal balance your bank or card are connected to, so this will never be from an outside source.

2. The code you're seeing on your bank's side as an ID is selected by your bank. The details before that (PayPal Inst Xfer (merchant info)) are the information transmitted from PayPal including the merchant's details. Everything after that would be implemented by your financial institution. 

3. The answer to this question depends on what you mean by peer-to-peer. Do you mean this in reference to fees? To general classification? In reference to fees, a withdrawal to your bank is not classified as peer-to-peer, and no fee is incurred when withdrawing directly to your bank account. There is a fee when withdrawing to a debit card due to processing fees. Payments to PayPal from your bank can either be peer-to-peer (friends and family), or merchant transactions (goods and services), depending on how you send the payment the transfer is attached to. Simply adding funds to your PayPal (not related to a purchase) is not considered peer-to-peer either.

Hopefully this helps! If you have any follow up questions, you can reply here and I'll be happy to assist. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Qkrei
Contributor
Contributor
Someone sent me a refund/payment before I realized my email was unconfirmed. Do I need to have them cancel it and resend? I've confirmed the email address now but the refund still doesn't show up.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Qkrei wrote:
Someone sent me a refund/payment before I realized my email was unconfirmed. Do I need to have them cancel it and resend? I've confirmed the email address now but the refund still doesn't show up.

Hi @Qkrei,

Thank you for joining the chat! I'm sorry that you haven't seen the received payment yet. Typically, once the email is confirmed, an payments sent to that email address within the last 30 days would show up, perhaps after a short delay. If it's been a few hours and the payment is still not showing up, you may need to enlist the assistance of customer support to troubleshoot the situation. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Any payments sent more than 30 days ago that were not claimed in that time would have reversed back to the sender.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TMG3

We use the Donate button and I need a way to capture more information.  We must have home address, occupation and business address for many of our contributors.  How can I capture this info?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@TMG3 wrote:

We use the Donate button and I need a way to capture more information.  We must have home address, occupation and business address for many of our contributors.  How can I capture this info?

Hi @TMG3,

Good question! PayPal's donation button code is "bare bones" as far as coding is concerned. We provide a basic button that connects to your PayPal account. Any features or changes you need to make to the button would need to be coded on your end, as we don't offer a way to change the button through your PayPal account; however, we do offer information here to help create the code necessary to modify the button to your needs. Good luck with the coding, and have a great rest of your day!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

johns_extras
Contributor
Contributor

How come there is such a long delay between PayPal and PayPal Smart Connect?  I understand that PPSC is through Synchrony Bank -- but it just seems like the direct integration of the two would make it so that transfers/payments from one to the other would be faster and not take several days to post.

Login to Me Too

johns_extras
Contributor
Contributor

Also, while we're at it...  If you end up with a CREDIT in your SmartConnect account (this happens when you use it to pay for something, then you pay off the balance owed (maybe using your PayPal balance to do so), and then the item that you paid for earlier gets returned/refunded) -- why is there no way to send it BACK to your PayPal balance?  Right now, the only option to get your SmartConnect credit back is to have them send you a check.  Sure, you can also just use it -- but you have to do it within 45 days or, again, they send you a check.

The whole point of SmartConnect is the integration with PayPal.  So why can't I put a CREDIT from SmartConnect back into my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.