PayPal Community Chat 3/26 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, March 26th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Global Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

April 1st is right around the corner - share with us your best (yet appropriate) April Fools Day joke or practical joke you have played in the past or are planning to play in the future. 

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

I once convinced my family that I had gotten into a car accident on April Fool's Day and broke my leg.  I still feel guilty about that but I honestly didn't think they would believe it.  They didn't at first but I just had to insist and they bought it.

I also like the old rubber band around the sink sprayer trick.  I've used that one a few times but a while back I forgot I had done it and I was the first person to use the sink that day. Doh!  April Fools on myself.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

GregRBenson

Controlling funding accounts is very bad for customers and good for Paypal. Customers should come first.

Being that I do business and personal from my PP account I need to be able to separate where the money is coming from. I end up doing about 75% business and the other 25% personal.  I would like to set my account to take money out of my biz credit card but since I was "required" to attach my bank account to my PP acct the money first comes out of the PP balance then my checking account then my CC. Not giving a consumer the option to choose a default account is bad customer service and can cause overdraft charges etc.  I have been complaining about this for years along w/many other things.  I always get, "Sorry sir, we cant do that."

I have NEVER been satisfied with Paypal.  I would love to be a satisfied customer but Paypal does not want that.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi GregRBenson,

Welcome to the chat!

I'm sorry, your comment isn't very clear - can you explain more about what you mean when you say "controlling funding accounts?"

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

GregRBenson

Hi Adrian, Thanks for responding.   I updated my comment. I hope its clear now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi GregRBenson,

Thanks for updating your post with more information, that explains it.  Smiley Happy

You're definitely correct in that we primarily use the balance first, and that bank funding does take precedence.  That's been our most popular choice by our customers in the past, so the system was set to mimic their default choice.  While you can't immediately prevent it debiting the balance, if you have Bill Me Later, PayPal Smart Connect, or the PayPal Extras MasterCard, you can set those funding sources to circumvent the balance. 

A better recommendation - especially to assist in your bookkeeping for your business - might be to open a separate PayPal account for your business.  That way, you have one account receiving funds and don't have to worry about the balance.  It will also simplify sorting everything out come tax time, as well as prevent potential business complications from comingling personal and business payments.  While this may require you to keep and maintain two PayPal accounts, it's definitely allowed and many small sellers use this method for these very advantages.  Smiley Happy

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

GregRBenson

I have thought about those options.  I have many PP accounts set up on different email addys but they might have been locked because I have reached my $5k-$10k usage limit or I am trying to get around some of your other goofy requirements.  How about Paypal making it easy for customers and allowing different options on one PP acct.  I can have auto payments come out of what ever account I want/set up.  I can have all my eBay transactions set up to work out of the PP balance (or choose what ever acct I want) and I can set my manual default funding souce to what ever acct "I" want.  This would make my life so much easier.   I know a company will not make changes for once person and I dont expect that but I am about 300% positive that I am not the only customer that has an issue w/this.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi GregRBenson,

Thanks for your feedback! Changing how funding works has always been something we're interested in, because as you put it, it's good for customers to be able to choose their funding source.  It is something we're looking at for the future, and while I couldn't say when - or if - such a change would occur, we are interested in changing things up. We've even put out videos about future changes, which you can view some of here  Smiley Happy

I would really recommend going back and closing those duplicate accounts - if you separate out the business and the personal, you should be able to get a secondary bank account (usually for free) from your bank to Verify it.  Circumventing the sending limit and verification requirements can also cause problems for you down the road, and we don't want to see that happen to anyone Smiley Happy

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on March 19th at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.