PayPal Community Chat - 3/21 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, March 21st, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Wednesday Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dreamuser
New Community Member
when will instant transfers be available for account holders?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@dreamuser wrote:
when will instant transfers be available for account holders?

Hi @dreamuser,

Thank you for joining the chat! I'm happy to help. This question could mean one of two things, and I'm not quite sure which you intend. I'll answer for both! 

If your question is about Instant Transfer not being an available option when you send a payment, it becomes available when you add and confirm a credit card as a backup payment method.

If the question is regarding the timeframe of a payment's availability once sent, an Instant Transfer is available to the recipient right away. eChecks, on the other hand, would take several business days to clear.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

An_Other
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Moderator,
How can I get the Activities API enable for a PAYPAL REST application? I'm unable to find any documentation about doing this either in Sandbox or Live.
Any call to the Activities endpoint returns
{"name":"PERMISSION_DENIED","message":"No permission for the requested operation","details":{"":"No permission for the requested operation"}}

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@An_Other wrote:

Hey Moderator,
How can I get the Activities API enable for a PAYPAL REST application? I'm unable to find any documentation about doing this either in Sandbox or Live.
Any call to the Activities endpoint returns
{"name":"PERMISSION_DENIED","message":"No permission for the requested operation","details":{"":"No permission for the requested operation"}}

Hey @An_Other,

Great question - you can find more information here regarding APIs. Hopefully the answer to your question would be available there. Otherwise, you have a couple options to get this resolved. The first would be that if you have current APIs and they're not working, reach out to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community to see if they have any information that can help. The other option would be to contact us so that we can look into this and see what we can find. I hope everything is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

An_Other
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ashley,
There is information about the API but no information about how  to enable the feature. I'm getting PERMISSION_DENIED.
There is no solution or reference to this in the community forum and I have reached out to Paypal about the issue. Is there any way I could be connected to a person in the REST API technical team as this is urgent?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@An_Other wrote:

Thanks Ashley,
There is information about the API but no information about how  to enable the feature. I'm getting PERMISSION_DENIED.
There is no solution or reference to this in the community forum and I have reached out to Paypal about the issue. Is there any way I could be connected to a person in the REST API technical team as this is urgent?

Hi @An_Other,

I'm sorry to hear those avenues didn't resolve the issue. 😞 The only other option I would have for you would be to file a ticket through here. This will get you in touch directly with a technical support agent. At this point, that seems like the only avenue to get this resolved. They should reach out to you via email as soon as possible once you've submitted the ticket. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

An_Other
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Ashley.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, March 7th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.