PayPal Community Chat 3/12 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, March 12th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Stauffer,

There could be a number of items happening with the order here. Smiley Sad  This is something that would really need a closer look and account specific information, which we can't handle publicly in order to protect your privacy.  We would really recommend reaching out to a PayPal representative who can look up your account information.  There's a few ways to do this:

Twitter - Contact @AskPayPal

Facebook - Send us a private message

Customer Service (phone or email)

Give any one of those options a nod, and they'll look into it for you and find out what exactly is happening.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Like Olivia, I'm looking forward to some bicycling and also some Disc Golf. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Frank wrote:

Like Olivia, I'm looking forward to some bicycling and also some Disc Golf. 🙂

This is the year I make the time to learn to play disc golf. Teach me pleeeeeeease.

🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

digitaljml

Hello, I've been attempting to research the following but able to come up with a definitive answer:

If I am selling an item (computer) on Craigslist, and meeting the individual in person, and processing either a PayPal or a PayPal Here transaction, is there anything in place that would protect me as the seller for the buyer to later come back and fraudulently say that she never received the item, or that it was misrepresented?

I could only find the policy on shipping items which doesn't apply here.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi digitaljml,

Welcome to the community chat! Pull up a chair and tell us about your warm weather plans while I type up an answer. 🙂

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

digitaljml

Olivia -

Nothing exciting I'm afraid.  Wam weather means the ability to work outdoors on the house..  and to spend all my free time doing so. 

- Jay

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@digitaljml wrote:

Nothing exciting I'm afraid.  Wam weather means the ability to work outdoors on the house..  and to spend all my free time doing so. 

Awww, I hope that's something you actually enjoy. I guess if I owned a house I could get into doing stuff to make it nicer... especially if any of it was artsy-craftsy... but the thought of spending all my free time working on chores makes me glad I rent an apartment! 🙂

One of these days though! 🙂

- Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi digitaljml,

A seller who delivers in person does not have the benefit of PayPal Seller Protection, because the basic requirement of proof of delivery can't be satisfied. Sellers who opt to sell an item that does not have coverage are encouraged to consider employing their own risk mitigation steps.

While steps will not cause Seller Protection to become available, they may discourage an actual fraudster from continuing the transaction.

I hope this helps!

- Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on March 19th at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.