PayPal Community Chat 2/7 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, February 7th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. 🙂 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Edboi
I can’t make any payments on my PayPal and I don’t know why I can’t send or buy anything online , I havnt got any email or anything
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:
I can’t make any payments on my PayPal and I don’t know why I can’t send or buy anything online , I havnt got any email or anything

Hi @Edboi

Welcome to our chat! I'm sorry to hear that there's recently been some trouble with using PayPal to send payments. 😞 

Let's take a look at a few things.

Are you receiving any specific errors? If so, can you please provide the details of the error?

Is your PayPal account verified

Are you travelling or accessing your account from a different location or device than normal?

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Edboi
https://gyazo.com/cc3bb80635f429dc2c8a934712ded21f This is the error I get My account is verified and everything is straight I have no disputes nothing I’m in US I’m not traveling I don’t h derstand why my PayPal is broken .
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:
https://gyazo.com/cc3bb80635f429dc2c8a934712ded21f This is the error I get My account is verified and everything is straight I have no disputes nothing I’m in US I’m not traveling I don’t h derstand why my PayPal is broken .

Thanks for following up, @Edboi. I appreciate the details provided and I know how concerning situations like this can be.

At PayPal, our first priority is protecting our customers. We have an internal security model in place to detect possible problems with transactions - similar to banks and credit card companies. Each transaction that runs through our system is reviewed by this security model and from time to time we may catch false positives. It sounds like this might be happening with your transactions. 

@FOR additional review of the situation and for security purposes, I would recommend that you reach out to customer support for help. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Edboi
I already called and they said they couldn’t do anything , so I don’t know what to do , they said it was the system and they couldn’t do anything t fix it ...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:
I already called and they said they couldn’t do anything , so I don’t know what to do , they said it was the system and they couldn’t do anything t fix it ...

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that @Edboi. 😞 There are instances where we may not be able to force a payment through. 😞

It may be beneficial to check with the recipients of your payments to ensure that all is well on their end. You may also try your payment again at a later date. 

If the payment still won't go through after checking these or waiting a few days, it's possible you may need to work with your recipients to send the payments outside of PayPal. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience. 

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Edboi
The money in my balance and it’s $200 there no way ima be never able to use it 😞 I really need my money , $200 is a lot to me and it’s just sitting there and I can’t even use it there hasn’t to be something I can do
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

wrote:
The money in my balance and it’s $200 there no way ima be never able to use it 😞 I really need my money , $200 is a lot to me and it’s just sitting there and I can’t even use it there hasn’t to be something I can do

I'm glad you brought that up, @Edboi! I didn't know that the money was in your PayPal balance. If the money is in your PayPal balance and you're unable to use it for purchases or to send payments, you may withdraw the money to use outside of PayPal.

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.