PayPal Community Chat 2/21 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, February 21st, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Wednesday Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

cmrdev
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

We're currently using PayFlow Pro API to accept payments on behalf of Partners with funds going directly to Partner accounts (authenticated with User/Vendor/Partner/Pwd data). When I looked into PayPal REST API years ago, I believe I saw that there was no way for funds to go to Partner accounts as opposed to the account which is used to generate the API keys. Is this still the case (that the REST API can not be used to send funds to Partner accounts).

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@cmrdev wrote:

Hi!

We're currently using PayFlow Pro API to accept payments on behalf of Partners with funds going directly to Partner accounts (authenticated with User/Vendor/Partner/Pwd data). When I looked into PayPal REST API years ago, I believe I saw that there was no way for funds to go to Partner accounts as opposed to the account which is used to generate the API keys. Is this still the case (that the REST API can not be used to send funds to Partner accounts).

Thanks!

Hey @cmrdev,

Great question! It sounds like you may be talking about adaptive payments. Is this correct? If so, we're no longer offering adaptive payments through our system, therefore the API would not be compatible with what you're looking for. I apologize for any inconvenience. 😞 I would also advise reaching out to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community to see if they may have any insight into API that would work for you. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

cmrdev
Contributor
Contributor

I dont believe we're using the Adaptive Payments API....we're using the Payflow Pro product

that allows us to submit transactions to various client Paypal accounts using credentials specified here:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/payflow/payflow-pro/payflow-pro-credentials/

Since the REST API appears to be based on API keys...we're trying to see if we can use the REST API to submit transactions to accounts other than our own.

Searched some more and found some old responses to my question...

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/are-rest-apis-available-for-payflow-accounts-ts2164

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16961635/does-payflow-pro-can-be-used-through-new-rest-apis-or-t...

Seems like REST APIs aren't available for Payflow accounts...is that still the case?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@cmrdev wrote:

I dont believe we're using the Adaptive Payments API....we're using the Payflow Pro product

that allows us to submit transactions to various client Paypal accounts using credentials specified here:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/payflow/payflow-pro/payflow-pro-credentials/

Since the REST API appears to be based on API keys...we're trying to see if we can use the REST API to submit transactions to accounts other than our own.

Hi @cmrdev,

Got it, thanks for clarifying! In reference to REST API, there wouldn't be a way to send the transactions on to other accounts. Payments can only go to the account used to generate the API key. 😞 Sorry about that!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ahernandez15
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! So I've been trying to get an answer to this for a few days now and no one seemed to reply in my messages. Last year I opened an account under a fictious name and it unfortunately got closed. I completely understand why. So I called PayPal and told them that the account was under a fictious name and would I have any problems withdrawing money and he said I just have to wait the 180 days to ensure no disputes and I can withdraw it out. I added my bank info and now it's not letting me withdraw at all. I would just like my money. If anyone could help me out that'd be great!
Login to Me Too

ahernandez15
Contributor
Contributor
Oh, and the 180 days has already passed 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@ahernandez15 wrote:
Hello! So I've been trying to get an answer to this for a few days now and no one seemed to reply in my messages. Last year I opened an account under a fictious name and it unfortunately got closed. I completely understand why. So I called PayPal and told them that the account was under a fictious name and would I have any problems withdrawing money and he said I just have to wait the 180 days to ensure no disputes and I can withdraw it out. I added my bank info and now it's not letting me withdraw at all. I would just like my money. If anyone could help me out that'd be great!

Hi @ahernandez15,

I'm so sorry to hear that there is any confusion regarding the ability to withdraw funds from an account under a fictitious name. The problem is probably stemming from the fact that the communication to the bank would be regarding an account associated with the fictitious name, when in fact your actual bank account is most probably associated with your real name. The withdrawal is likely failing due to that discrepancy.

Since that withdrawal is failing, and since a check withdrawal would result in a check made out to the fictitious name as well, the last remaining option would be to refund the payment. You can log in to your account and click help&contact, then contact customer service, then email us, and provide the authorization to refund specific payments from your history. You would then have to arrange repayment through other means.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ahernandez15
Contributor
Contributor
Would I be able to just change the name on my account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.