PayPal Community Chat 12/4 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, November 6th, from 4 to 5 PM CT (2-3 PM PT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Is it that time again already? Smiley Very Happy

If I could have any gift regardless of cost or cost to maintain I would have to go with a real working Iron Man suit. It would be the ultimate gift in my opinion, one of those "gifts that keep on giving".

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Wow. I was thinking a realistic gift, and ya'll went completely outside the box.  Matter of fact, you're not even in the same country as the box is. O.o

That being said, very nice guys.  And yeah, Iron Man suit. I could get behind that.

Andy

Login to Me Too

vegeto079

Hi guys! Glad to see the customer support, always nice to know that someone's there to help.

Now to the problem I'm having. In the past, I used a Paypal Student Account, being under 18, for all of my Paypal activities. I used it for business and had plenty of transactions. I eventually got a Paypal Debit Card as well. Not sure if I should post the email, but it's the same as the one attached to this account, except at yahoo.com.

When I turned 18 I wanted to convert to a normal account so I could keep all my past information. Long story short, a lot of customer service calls, and I was told I cannot do this and have to make a new account. So I did, and that's this account. However, now I cannot get a Debit Card again (being as I have "no past") and eBay requires a hefty waiting period for anything I sell. I'm treated as a brand new Paypal customer. This is unfortunate, I have a bunch of transactions on my old account.

So my question is, is there any way my accounts can be merged, or at least my transactions moved to my new account? I'd like to continue using the benefits of my old account and all the history I've had with you guys, but was forced to create a new account to use all the benefits of Paypal (that weren't in the student version). I am a loyal Paypal customer and just would like to have the benefits I used to have.

Thank you very much for your time. I understand this session is not going on for much longer, but I could continue via email (on either of the said accounts) if necessary. I also can easily provide proof that I own both, especially considering it's my name (and SSN) that is attached to them. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi vegeto0799, and welcome to the Community!

We're working on a response for you, and will have it posted shortly. If the chat closes before we're able to get your issue resolved, we'll have other options for continuing the discussion. We can always open a new thread or take the chat to another venue.

In the meanwhile, please take a shot at our icebreaker question: What one item you would want for a gift if cost were not an option?

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi vegeto079,

Welcome! 😄

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation.  Unfortunately our system isn't currently designed to allow information to be migrated from one account to another.  This is why a brand new account needed to be created.

We can't discuss any account specific information in the community but I do want to make sure that we're able to take a look at the accounts and see what options are available to make sure your previous account history is recognized for the purposes of getting a debit card and the funds availability program issue.  I'm not sure if any changes can be made but we're definitely happy to take a look and make sure all options are explored. 🙂

I recommend reaching out to us on twitter @AskPayPal or send us a private message on Facebook.

Thanks for joining the chat today! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Tuesday, December 11th , at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.