PayPal Community Chat 11/13 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, November 13th, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Global Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

To start out today, let's begin with: when you contact a company, what's your favorite way to contact them? Phone? Email? Social media? Let us know!

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

My favorite method of contact is by carrier pigeon... 😉

Imagine working in customer service for a company who used carrier pigeons. It might be fun.  Maybe.

But seriously, I know I'm biased but I prefer social media then probably email second.  I feel like with social media, you can have an ongoing conversation with a company but not have to fully dedicate a large block of time.  You can get help while you're out and about or doing other things.  I suppose if I needed immediate help for something, I'd pick up the phone.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Frank wrote: 

Imagine working in customer service for a company who used carrier pigeons. It might be fun.  Maybe.

THAT would be how you have discussions on the fly! 😉

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

PayPal_Frank wrote: 

THAT would be how you have discussions on the fly! 😉

Discussions on the fly are the best kind, right? 🙂

I'm curious if anybody would want to use video chat for customer service.  I know it's been attempted before but I'm not sure if it would ever take off (unlike carrier pigeons *rimshot*)

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Frank wrote:

I'm curious if anybody would want to use video chat for customer service.

I know that robot vacuums and video calls both exist... but if they start becoming the norm, I also want my own flying car! 🙂

@PayPal_Frank wrote:
I know it's been attempted before but I'm not sure if it would ever take off (unlike carrier pigeons *rimshot*)

Are you SQUABbling with me over who can make the worst pigeon puns? Once you start, it's easy to become PIGEONholed in that role.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

PayPal_Frank wrote:

I'm curious if anybody would want to use video chat for customer service.

I know that robot vacuums and video calls both exist... but if they start becoming the norm, I also want my own flying car! 🙂

@PayPal_Frank wrote:
I know it's been attempted before but I'm not sure if it would ever take off (unlike carrier pigeons *rimshot*)

Are you SQUABbling with me over who can make the worst pigeon puns? Once you start, it's easy to become PIGEONholed in that role.

Olivia

You're right, I'll stop. I got carried away and dove right into this situation.  I don't want to get trapped in a cage that I can't escape from.  I don't want to be the victim of a confidence trick.

Anyways, have a nice night everyone.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

PayPal_Frank wrote:

I'm curious if anybody would want to use video chat for customer service.  I know it's been attempted before but I'm not sure if it would ever take off (unlike carrier pigeons *rimshot*)

- Frank

That's actually a very interesting idea.  I think it's not a possibility, though, until the typical household has the appropriate computing resources and bandwidth to support such a method.  I'd be interested in seeing the associated bandwidth and hardware costs to a corporation as well.

I think it also has some very interesting security implications - since the customer service agent would be able to see who they're speaking with, how would that affect interactions? Would it change the customer service industry on a larger scale? 

And on a much more sad note, no one in call centers would be able to wear jammies to work anymore (if they were allowed in the first place).

Oh, and they'd now be called "video centers."

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

I think it also has some very interesting security implications - since the customer service agent would be able to see who they're speaking with, how would that affect interactions? Would it change the customer service industry on a larger scale? 

When voiceprint and facial recognition technology is sufficiently advanced for it to be reliable, maybe it would be a way of validating that we're talking to the account holder. We're definitely in interesting times. Some of the things from sci-fi books and shows we encountered as kids are starting to happen. I still think Jetsons cars will be one of the more gratifying loose ends to tie up. 🙂

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

And on a much more sad note, no one in call centers would be able to wear jammies to work anymore (if they were allowed in the first place).

I wore jammies one Halloween and was sleepy the entire day. I do not recommend jammies if you have any aspirations of productivity.

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Oh, and they'd now be called "video centers."

I'd rather have a chewy nougat center.

- Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Tuesday, November 6th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.