PayPal Community Chat 1/15 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, January 15th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Global Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

I'm happy to report that the archiving project we mentioned in last weeks Community Chat is complete. It's always nice to have a clean Community! Old posts are still available in The Archives.

We reviewed many of the posts from 2012 as the archiving project was underway. Which got us thinking - everyone has a book, movie, or show from last year that is now a personal favorite.  What was yours?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

2012 was a great year in my opinion.  Highlights of the year for me:

Movie: The Avengers

New TV Show: None.  For TV in general, I enjoyed Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.

Book: Didn't read anything new for this year but I did make my way through the Dresden Files series and enjoyed that immensely

Graphic Novel: Saga Volume 1.

I'm probably forgetting stuff too but those jump out in my memory. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

CHAT TIME! (Insert theme music here)

Hey everybody!  Welcome back for another wonderful week! Or something similar, I leave the specifics up to you.

Adrian, to answer your question, I'd say my favorite movie of 2012 would have to be The Avengers.  It's one of those movies that you can watch a good dozen times, and it doesn't really get old.  As for books, unfortunately I've read way too many to pin down a specific favorite.  But they were all good, whatever they were. 🙂

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Andy and Frank - I can definitely appreciate the appeal of the Avengers (former, then ex-, then reborn comic book nerd over here).  That being said, I simply can't accept the Avengers as my personal favorite for the year.

Why, you ask?  Here's my personal favorites for the year:

Movie: The Iron Llama

Book:  The Lord of the Alpacas - Return of the Llama King

Graphic Novel: The Dark Llama - Year One

Comic Book: Zombie Llamas

Ok, ok, here were my real favorites:

Movie: The Hobbit (sorry guys, this has to trump Avengers for me)

Book: I finally got around to reading Good Omens.  It was worth it!

Graphic Novel: I give this to Ghost in the Shell, only because once again... I finally got ahold of a hard copy.

Comic Book: 100 Bullets.  I ran across this series this year.

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Andy and Frank - I can definitely appreciate the appeal of the Avengers (former, then ex-, then reborn comic book nerd over here).  That being said, I simply can't accept the Avengers as my personal favorite for the year.

Why, you ask?  Here's my personal favorites for the year:

Movie: The Iron Llama

Book:  The Lord of the Alpacas - Return of the Llama King

Graphic Novel: The Dark Llama - Year One

Comic Book: Zombie Llamas

Ok, ok, here were my real favorites:

Movie: The Hobbit (sorry guys, this has to trump Avengers for me)

Book: I finally got around to reading Good Omens.  It was worth it!

Graphic Novel: I give this to Ghost in the Shell, only because once again... I finally got ahold of a hard copy.

Comic Book: 100 Bullets.  I ran across this series this year.

- Adrian

All great picks. 🙂  I'll have to checkout the 100 bullets comics. I've heard great things about that series.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Tuesday always seems to sneak up on me.

I would have to say my favorite film for 2012 is The Dark Knight Rises. Love every minute of it. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that manage to sneak in before the closing bell will be responded to by a moderator or employee within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on January 22nd, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.