Community Chat 9/25 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, September 25th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Global Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

To start off today, tell us if you like to dress up for any special events - are you a Ren Faire devotee? A steampunk engineer? A comic book character? Tell us about your alter ego, even if it's just what you wore to your last costume party.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

I love costumes, especially geeky ones.:)

I don't do a lot of characters myself, but I love walking around a convention and seeing congregations of Wolverines or Doctors Who. 🙂

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello Community,

I'm not really a costume person so I'm not sure.  The last time I wore a costume, I was Shaggy from Scooby Doo. 

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Hello Community,

I'm not really a costume person so I'm not sure.  The last time I wore a costume, I was Shaggy from Scooby Doo. 

- Frank

I am so buying you a Mystery Machine Hot Wheels for your desk Smiley Very Happy

Olivia - That would be awesome!  Lately I've been on a pith helmet kick, complete with a handlebar moustache, thanks to my love of Arkham Horror

Login to Me Too

Karl_NC

@PayPal_Adrian, I had a question around default payment types -- why doesn't PayPal let me choose my credit card as my default payment method?

I never want to use my bank account as the default payment method (because I want to get Amex points and not have an immediate debit at the bank), but I have to manually change it every time I make a payment.

I assume this PayPal does this intentionally to avoid paying higher credit card processing fees, but it's frustrating to have it happen every single time I use your service.

From what I've seen online, this is a recurring comment that people have mentioned online for the past 3-5 years. I'd love to get your insights -- thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Karl_NC -

That's a great question! I'll type up a response and get it back out to you; in the meantime, please feel free to answer our icebreaker and meet the staff!

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Karl_NC -

If you have a bank account registered and can make an instant payment with it, this will always be the preferred funding method unless you have chosen to override it with PayPal Smart Connect or an Extras MasterCard.  Why?

Traditionally, our customers have preferred bank transfers over credit card funded transactions.  Since it was the most often used and the most popular choice, it is the default payment method (barring an available balance in the PayPal account itself).

You are definitely correct in that you would need to change this during each checkout and the default funding method can't be altered.  Looking forward, we have a new vision for PayPal - check out this video to see what we have in mind. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Karl_NC

Adrian, thanks for the background info and the video! It's helpful to see where PayPal is going.

I dress up for one of my volunteer roles -- I volunteer a couple times a year as a bartender on a 1930s Pullman railroad car based in D.C. The outfit includes a white jacket and bowtie, similar to what employees would have worn back then. More about that here: http://doverharbor.com/

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Karl_NC wrote:

I dress up for one of my volunteer roles -- I volunteer a couple times a year as a bartender on a 1930s Pullman railroad car based in D.C. The outfit includes a white jacket and bowtie, similar to what employees would have worn back then. More about that here: http://doverharbor.com/

That is totally awesome! Is there a persona that goes with it?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.