Community Chat - 9/11 Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Due to volume considerations, our regularly scheduled Global Community Chat on September 4th has been cancelled.  We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, September 11th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Global Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

To start out today, let's imagine you found a magical lamp.  Out pops a genie and offers you one wish - what would it be? Oh, and no cheating and asking for more magical lamps, wishes, or genies! Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hello Community!

Hmmm, the old magic lamp question, eh?

I never understood why it's considered cheating to ask for more wishes. That just seems clever! It's only greedy if there's a finite supply of wishes in the world. Is there a scarcity of imaginary wishes? If we're going to dream, why not dream big?! 🙂

Fine, fine, fine. I'll play by your rules. One wish. Hmmmm.

My biggest problem with this is that the writer in me can come up with those sci-fi dystopian twist endings for almost any wish. For instance, if I wish for an end to disease, the twist ending is a world where the population far exceeds the planet's ability to sustain it. If I wish for world peace, the twist ending is a populous so bored by lack of conflict that it invents new self-destructive behaviors.

The same goes for wishes that affect only me, but on a smaller scale. It's less a sci-fi dystopian ending, and more a feel-good blockbuster starring Jim Carrey and Gwyneth Paltrow, where everyone discovers that things were better before the wish was made, and the genie agrees to set things back to rights.

So I think I'll just keep it simple and wish for large amounts of cash. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This is exactly why if I ever become a genie, I'm just granting all wishes with a single cup of butterscotch pudding before disappearing Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

World peace through pudding.

It could work.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Oh, totally *eats butterscotch pudding* it *mmph* could.

Anyone have a napkin?  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Anyone have a napkin? 

Aha! Don't you wish you had another wish now?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You just used your wish!  *butterscotch pudding appears*

*bamf*

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Ooooh! The power to *bamf*!

That should have been my wish!

Darn!

Login to Me Too

thepurplepea
Contributor
Contributor

can i ship through paypal to a client without having a paid invoice??  Need to send something for approval

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.