Community Chat 8/1 - Now closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 1st, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Olivia

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

With the events in London this summer in full swing, it's a treat to see a lot of flags from various nations! Besides that of your own nation, what flags of other countries do you find particularly interesting, beautiful or moving? Please share!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Hmm, it's hard to pick a favorite flag.  I'm going to go with Cyprus because they included an image of their country on the flag which I think is pretty cool.

I really like the GB Union Jack too.  (Go Team GB! 🙂 )

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

With the Summer Games in full swing, it's a treat to see a lot of flags from various nations! Besides that of your own nation, what flags of other countries do you find particularly interesting, beautiful or moving? Please share!

Here are a couple of my favorites, found on The World Factbook site :

Isle of Man (It's a really cool triskelion.)

Nepal (It's not a rectangle! Hooray for unique shapes!)

terasys - sure! Go ahead and post your question in this chat. We're happy to help. 🙂

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

YellowAfterlife
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Does PayPal have a roadmap page?

As, an information page, displaying dates / approximate dates / expected order of events and changes to occur.

If there isn't such a thing, could you provide information on if/when it will be possible to receive payments in Ukraine?
With most 'adjacent' countries supporting both sending and receiving payments, it feels to be really 'missing out' with process being only one-sided. More with country being one of largest in Europe both territorially and demographically.

Obviously I'm no expert at this field, and can't even guess how things work "behind the scenes", so a small explanation on how the things work (or not work) would help, if these are not as simple.

Have a nice day.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

YellowAfterlife-

I can certainly understand your frustration in not being able to use all of the features that PayPal provides.  You're certainly not alone in that; we get that question often enough that I created an answering post here. 🙂

As far as a timeline or roadmap of what to expect from PayPal, I'm sure that one exists.  And while I'm no expert either, I'd be willing to bet the fact that the Ukraine is a send only country probably stems from either legal issues that are unresolved, or banking regulations not syncing up.  And we'll certainly try to work on getting services in there, but regrettably we wouldn't be able to say when.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

YellowAfterlife
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Andy-

Alright, thanks. Will be waiting - hopefully that's going to come sometime soon.

Spoiler
Additionally, you probably meant "You're certainly no alone in that;" rather than "You're certainly on alone in that;"? Fancy changes of meaning from one letter placement.

On topic of flags, it would be hard to pick a specific 'favorite', so I'll mention a few random highlights:

I quite like the flag of Hong Kong (ref), which seems rather simplistic (as flags should be, perhaps), but contains nice details, and has a clean specification on sizes and spacing.

I also like flags of kind that Seychelles (ref) and Marshall Islands (ref) have - containing enlarging "beams" of color. Such look particularly pleasing, waving on the wind.

Was nice to talk to you - see you later!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi YellowAfterlife,

@YellowAfterlife wrote:

On topic of flags, it would be hard to pick a specific 'favorite', so I'll mention a few random highlights:

I quite like the flag of Hong Kong (ref), which seems rather simplistic (as flags should be, perhaps), but contains nice details, and has a clean specification on sizes and spacing.

I also like flags of kind that Seychelles (ref) and Marshall Islands (ref) have - containing enlarging "beams" of color. Such look particularly pleasing, waving on the wind.

I have to agree on all three accounts! The Hong Kong flag definitely caught my eye. Its simplicity is very appealing. I also liked the depth effect of the beams of color in the other flags you mentioned. Good choices!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey all!

I'd have to say I'm fond of the Brazilian flag.  Did a report on them in sixth grade, and liked it ever since.

YellowAfterlife!  Welcome to the chat!

While we work on researching and answering your question, feel free to answer our icebreaker from above. 🙂

Andy

Login to Me Too

terasys
Contributor
Contributor

Can I post a topic here? I just joined and it wouldn't allow me to create a new topic because of privledges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.