Community Chat 7/26 Closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Thursday, July 26th, from 4 to 5 PM Central (2-3 PM PT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

We hope to see you then!

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the PayPal Canada Community chat!  This week's chat is now open and unlocked.

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Thursday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Every week, we'll start out each chat with an ice breaker.  While we're here to answer your questions, we're also here to just get to know you a little better.  So stop on in, have a seat, and introduce yourself.  Today, let us know your favorite toy as a child. :smileyhappy:

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Yet another chat. Yay!!

For our icebreaker today, gonna have to go with Legos.  Spent many a day building spaceships and castles and whatnot, and expanding my imagination.  Now I want some Legos.  Excuse me....

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Andy wrote:

Yet another chat. Yay!!

For our icebreaker today, gonna have to go with Legos.  Spent many a day building spaceships and castles and whatnot, and expanding my imagination.  Now I want some Legos.  Excuse me....

Andy

Hi Andy,

Legos are definitely in my top 5.  For me, it was my set of matchbox cars.  I would line them up and have car battles. 🙂

- Frank

Login to Me Too

klmutchler

Hey Andy,

Don't know alot about legos, tho it does sound like fun.  Having an issue with my newly setup PayPal here mobile app.

I attempted to make a payment by check using the card reader....it accepted the amount, but when I tried to scan the check I just get a screen saying initiating, then a blank screen with a grayed out agreement of terms button which isn't active. Doesn't let me scan the check, but records the payment. It then doesn't give me any option to delete the payment so I can try it again.  Please advise?

Kathy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
Hi klmutchler,
Welcome to chat! 🙂
I'll have an answer typed up shortly. In the mean time, please feel free to answer this weeks ice breaker:

Every week, we'll start out each chat with an ice breaker.  While we're here to answer your questions, we're also here to just get to know you a little better.  So stop on in, have a seat, and introduce yourself.  Today, let us know your favorite toy as a child. :smileyhappy:

- Frank

Login to Me Too

klmutchler

My favorite toy was a toy camera, then my first kodak instamatic 110. Also liked tinker toys....remember those?...that was

before legos, I think.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Welcome to the chat klmutchler!

I remember tinker toys!  Those were cool too...not as cool as Legos though, IMHO 😉

I also liked Lincoln Logs. Building a log cabin was kinda cool. 😄

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@klmutchler wrote:

Hey Andy,

Don't know alot about legos, tho it does sound like fun.  Having an issue with my newly setup PayPal here mobile app.

I attempted to make a payment by check using the card reader....it accepted the amount, but when I tried to scan the check I just get a screen saying initiating, then a blank screen with a grayed out agreement of terms button which isn't active. Doesn't let me scan the check, but records the payment. It then doesn't give me any option to delete the payment so I can try it again.  Please advise?

Kathy

On the agreement of terms page, does it allow you to do anything else?  Are you able to scroll through the agreement?  Is the check now showing as processing in the recent activity?  It sounds like it did scan the check successfully before getting stuck on the agreement page.  Usually the app will prevent you from scanning the same check twice if the first check was scanned successfully.  Were you able to take a picture of both the front and back before it froze?  Usually at that point, there would be a little pop up stating that the check images were being uploaded. 

- Frank

Login to Me Too

klmutchler

The agreement page was blank except for the graed out agreement button. It didn't take a pic of the check

at all; I assumed that would come after the agreement was clicked, but since I didn't get that far I don't know. Can I

delete the payment in the history so i'm not confused later by seeing it listed as paid? I see no way to delete or cancel out

of a transaction, and also couldn't delete it at the web site sales history section.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.