Community Chat 7/25 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 25th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Apparently today is Culinarians Day  which is a special day for people who like to cook.  Let us know your favorite dish to cook or what you think you're the best at making. 🙂

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Chat time!

So, this is gonna sound odd on Culinarians Day, but my favorite dish would be some Extra Crispy Shake 'n Bake chicken breasts, baked potato, and peas.

Needless to say, I'm not a Culinarian. Robot tongue

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Andy,

That sounds delicious.  We'll have to have a food day soon so you can bring that in. 🙂

I don't make it often but I like to think I make the best lasagna.  I can also grill some pretty delicious steaks.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

PayPal_Frank wrote:

Apparently today is Culinarians Day  which is a special day for people who like to cook.  Let us know your favorite dish to cook or what you think you're the best at making. 🙂

I make pretty decent potstickers. It's just a lot of work to make them. I'm kind of sorry I brought them for food day the first time, because now you guys always seem to expect I'm going to make them again every food day. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lesan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i have an american express giftcard. How would i transfer money to someone using that prepaid gifcard ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@lesan wrote:

Hi, i have an american express giftcard. How would i transfer money to someone using that prepaid gifcard ?

Hi lesan,

Welcome to the chat! 😄

The card will need to be linked with PayPal using the Add or Edit debit/credit card option in the PayPal profile settings.  Keep in mind that PayPal will request a $1.00 authorization when the card is added to PayPal. This authorization will never be put through but it's used to make sure the card information is correct as well as verify the billing address.  Some prepaid cards may not work with PayPal if that $1.00 authorization is declined or the billing address cannot be verified.

Once a card is added, you can transfer money to another person using the "Send Money" tab.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

Login to Me Too

lesan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that, Also another thing i wanted to ask. I'm 19 years old but i dont have any bills to pay. Since there isn't any bills coming for me how would i verify my billing address?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@lesan wrote:

Thank you for that, Also another thing i wanted to ask. I'm 19 years old but i dont have any bills to pay. Since there isn't any bills coming for me how would i verify my billing address?

Happy to help. 🙂

Billing address just refers to the address on file with any financial accounts linked with PayPal.  Even if you're just linking a bank debit card or prepaid card and you won't receive any bills, that address would need to be on file with the card issuer for the card to work with PayPal.  When we verify that address with the card issuer, the address will be marked as "Confirmed" with PayPal.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you to PayPal_Andy, PayPal_Olivia and especially lesan for participating in this week's chat session and helping make it a success! It was great to see all of you today! :smileyhappy:

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, August 1st, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.