Community Chat 7/18 - closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 18th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.

This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.

As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome Paula_Messina! 🙂

I don't know if this is considered an "easy" solution but it beats entering everything manually.  For quickbooks we advise our customers to use this guide:

Import PayPal Transactions into Quickbooks

If you're looking for a report that has all the transaction information, I recommend downloading the history file.  It's the same process as getting the Quickbooks file but you can choose a different file type and it will have all information in a spreadsheet format.

How do I download my transaction history?

Hopefully that helps to make the process more efficient than manually checking transaction details on the website. 🙂

- Frank

edit: I forgot to mention that the quickbooks guide linked to will probably only work for versions older than 2008. 😞 

edit 2: Searching online shows that there are many blogs and tutorials for using the PayPal history file and the import option in quickbooks but I know that can be tedious to specify all the column labels.  I also forgot to mention

Simpleport which is a paid solution to make it easier:

http://www.simpleport.net/osc/

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

RyuTaichi
Contributor
Contributor
hi a friend of mines sent me money via paypal for the 1st time yesterday on my 23rd birthday at liek 5pm EST, and i was wondering how long is it going to take for the funds to show up on myt paypal account?im verified and the email i gave it to my account was correct and my bank account is linked to my paypal account, so there shouldnt be any problems? thanks and thankyou.

Update: he msg me today and said that there was a problem with paypal, so he went to the bank and did it directly as he told me, but that was yesterday ( Saturday the 14th july ) so do i need to wait business days for the it to be credited to my paypal account? say monday or Tuesday? has it not shown up on my account becuase it was just done saturday or???? please someone shed some light on this for me, this is my 1st time getting something via paypal from a friend cause i only shop online lol.-

p.s- i gave him my paypal email address that is linked to my paypal account and bank account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi RyuTaichi,

Thank you for joining us in our chat today. We'll have an answer for you shortly. Feel free to squeak in an answer to the icebreaker before the chat closes in two minutes. 😉

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi RyuTaichi,

First of all, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful celebration. 🙂

Payments sent to the correct, confirmed address will show up nearly instantaneously. Certainly it wouldn't take more than a handful of minutes. Payments cannot be sent to your PayPal account by another individual from a bank.

A few things to check -

1. Make sure he is spelling your email address correctly.

2. Make sure that you have confirmed the email address on your PayPal account. You can check this in your Profile section.

3. Ask him to elaborate on the process he used to send from his bank. There may be a miscommunication here. Once you have more information, please go ahead and post a new thread and feel free to link back to this post (link here) for reference.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session and helping make it a success! It was great to see all of you today! :smileyhappy:

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, July 25th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.