Community Chat 7/11 - Closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 11th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.

This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.

As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@ace30815 wrote:

Hey Frank

So basically when i go to my history screen and i look at my payment sent. Since the order status says refund pending

in my"sent payment histroy" that means that PayPal is waiting for funds to clear from a seller's bank account to fund the refund.  If the seller is in the U.S., that transfer time usually takes between  3-5 b.days...

If thats the case, at any time would that frame be longer or does it depend when the seller bank releases the funds

That's right. I forgot to mention that if the order status is showing "Refund Pending" in the transaction history and it's been more than 5 business days then something probably went wrong with the refund.  I recommend contacting the seller in that case so they can resolve the issue on their end.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey all!

Icebreaker...icebreaker...hmmmm.  I'm going to have to go with "The Little Shop of Horrors".  Although I've never seen the actual play, just the movie version.  Watched it all the time when I was a kid and any time I can find it on T.V. now I'll turn it on.

Also, and I may be lambasted for this, but I really liked this as well. Robot Embarassed  Oh well...

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Andy wrote:

Hey all!

Icebreaker...icebreaker...hmmmm.  I'm going to have to go with "The Little Shop of Horrors".  Although I've never seen the actual play, just the movie version.  Watched it all the time when I was a kid and any time I can find it on T.V. now I'll turn it on.

Also, and I may be lambasted for this, but I really liked this as well. Robot Embarassed  Oh well...

Andy

Nice! I love The Little Shop of Horrors too.  I have to say my favorite is probably Les Misérables mainly for the music. 🙂  I haven't seen many plays, musicals or operas.

I've never seen the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band so you won't see any lambasting from me.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

wrecktom
New Community Member

hey there! 

I got a balance of 340$ on my paypal account, I wanted to buy a 150$ program, paypal asked me to wait 8 business day for the echeck to transfer, 5 days later, I got an e-mail telling me that the transfer was denied by the my bank..  I don't get this, since I got the money on my paypal account, why would it say that I don't have the funds or that my e-check was denied by the bank?

Thank you

Nick 

Login to Me Too

wrecktom
New Community Member

The way I see it, I can't use my paypal funds to pay my 150$ program?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

wrecktom-

Welcome to the chat!  More than happy to take a shot at that. 🙂

There are some rare instances where you wouldn't be able to use your balance, but we'll tell you before you complete the payment. Without being able to look at your account I couldn't give you specific information (so you might want to give us a call), but some of the reasons are our security model blocking a 'risky' payment, a currency conversion (where you don't have a sufficient balance in one currency, the system may use an echeck for that currency), probably a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I am sorry that you ran into this situation, but I'm sure with a little specific inquiry we could figure it out.

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session and helping make it a success! It was great to see all of you today! :smileyhappy:

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back on Wednesday, July 18th, at 4PM Central time.  Stop in then - we'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.