Community Chat 7/11 - Closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 11th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.

This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.

As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

For today's ice-breaker, let us know your favorite play, musical or opera.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

ace30815
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to find out how long does it take for an order status that says "refund pending" to be credited back to me.

On 6.29.12, i was sent two emails directly from paypal stating the following:

Details about your shipment Transaction ID: 3N424550DY804845Y and 5FW701638L704471Y

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

XXXXXXXXXXXXX added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.

We are here to help if you have any problems with your purchase. Within 7 days of the expected arrival date, please take a minute to confirm if you received your merchandise by going to the transaction details page in your PayPal account for this transaction.

Shipper  Not Applicable
Tracking number  Not Applicable
Shipping status  Refund Pending

If you have questions about the shipment, please contact XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I checked my refund history and it does not pull up. Yet when i check my payment sent, it shows in the order status portion it states "REFUND PENDING", it has been that way since June 29th, 2012.

How long does it take for the refund to go thru

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hello ace30815, and welcome to the forums and the Community chat!

I will have an answer posted for you shortly. Please feel free to hang out and answer our icebreaker for the week:

For today's ice-breaker, let us know your favorite play, musical or opera.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ace30815
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Olivia,

It actually wasn't for shippment it was a deposit for a vacation.  so nothing was actual shipped.

So do you know roughly a time period for a refund status.

thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ace30815,

That refund is one that will go to the seller for a voided label. There will be no refund to you unless you and the seller arrange one.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ace30815,

Thank you for your patience!

I admit this messaging can be a little confusing when seen on the buyer's side of the transaction. This messaging will appear when a seller voids a shipping label. Some reasons a seller may void a shipping label would be if they made a mistake on the label and needed to create a new one, or if they choose to ship with another company, or if they choose not to ship at all.

Have you communicated with the seller? If you have not received your item, try emailing the seller to request a refund of your payment. If you have received your item and have no problems, then there is nothing to worry about. 🙂

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

ace30815
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Olivia,

It actually wasn't for shippment it was a deposit for a vacation.  so nothing was actual shipped.

So do you know roughly a time period for a refund status.

thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ace30815,

Sorry for the confusion. I'll clarify what we're talking about. In the information you posted it shows:

"Details about your shipment Transaction ID: 3N424550DY804845Y and 5FW701638L704471Y

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

XXXXXXXXXXXXX added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.

We are here to help if you have any problems with your purchase. Within 7 days of the expected arrival date, please take a minute to confirm if you received your merchandise by going to the transaction details page in your PayPal account for this transaction.

Shipper  Not Applicable
Tracking number  Not Applicable
Shipping status  Refund Pending

If you have questions about the shipment, please contact XXXXXXXXXXXXX"

This appears to be an email you received that PayPal sends out when a seller prints a shipping label for a payment or adds tracking information in the details of a PayPal transaction.

So based on that information the "Refund Pending" is referring to the status of a shipping label the seller printed using PayPal.  You are right that it's concerning the seller would print a shipping label for a deposit payment but that's what that status means in our system.  If the payment itself was refunded, that would show in the payment status when you log into PayPal.  If the payment status is showing as "completed", then the seller has not issued a refund.  If the payment status shows as "pending refund" that means that PayPal is waiting for funds to clear from a seller's bank account to fund the refund.  If the seller is in the U.S., that transfer time usually takes between 3-5 working days.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

ace30815
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Frank

So basically when i go to my history screen and i look at my payment sent. Since the order status says refund pending

in my"sent payment histroy" that means that PayPal is waiting for funds to clear from a seller's bank account to fund the refund.  If the seller is in the U.S., that transfer time usually takes between  3-5 b.days...

If thats the case, at any time would that frame be longer or does it depend when the seller bank releases the funds

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.