Community Chat 6/6 *closed*

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 6th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  Koesut !!!!

Good to see you here also....   I have probably read most of your post replies...  I just can't get enough answers, and you never know when you will need the info !!!!!

Jean Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

koesut
Contributor
Contributor

@JeanQA wrote:

Hi  Koesut !!!!

Good to see you here also....   I have probably read most of your post replies...  I just can't get enough answers, and you never know when you will need the info !!!!!

Jean Smiley Very Happy

as well as me also read almost all your posts! And I've directed someone about 'unconfirmed address' to your post. 🙂

Good job/post JeanQA !! 🙂

Login to Me Too

drhdres

I ordered merchandise nearly 2 months ago and i kept contacting the seller to see where my items were. They replied that shipments were moving slowly and I jsut needed to be patient. I finally got the last of my order this week and some of the items were not as advertised. When i tried to enter a dispute i got a message that my order was more than 45 days old. Is there no other recourse for me through PayPal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

drhdres -

Thanks for joining the Community Chat!

Someone is typing up a response to your question right now - please feel free to hang out and answer todays icebreaker.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Adrian !!!

Nice to "see" you...   

what is your perfect  place for  summer or summer weather ???

Jean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

drhdres -

I'm sorry to hear that your order took so long to receive.  I too recently had to wait to receive an order for what felt like much too long; I'm certain you were frustrated with your merchant too Smiley Sad  

To remain eligible for Purchase Protection, a dispute must be filed within 45 days of the date of the original payment as outline in our Legal Agreement.  While we can file a dispute for you and  note your dissatisfaction with the merchant, the claim cannot be pursued because, in a sense, the statute of limitations has passed.  If you haven't received an order by the 45th day, we recommend filing a dispute to preserve your rights as a consumer within PayPal. 

This doesn't mean you're out of options, however. It sounds like you've been in touch with this merchant throughout this purchase, and while slow, it does seem like they've been responsive to your inquiries.  Most merchants are willing to issue a refund if the item is returned to them, so I would recommend continuing your contact with them and being clear about your dissatisfaction.  I've known merchants who refunded buyers six months after a purchase was made! Smiley Happy

Take care,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

drhdres

Thanks for the reply. I  have been in touch with the company but they've been extremely difficult to work with and non responsive. Fortunately i didn't spent too much money with them. My hesitation on using PayPal in the future is that they like to make a direct and immediate withdrawl from my checking account where if I buy it with a credit card i have more time to resolve a potential dispute. I guess i learned my lesson the hard way. thanks again for the reply

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

drhdres -

I can certainly understand your desire to use a credit card in some scenarios, especially where shipping may be delayed.  I don't know the exact timeframes or details of your complaint, so it may be worth having someone who can look into your account (staff and members can't see your account or comment on it) with you over the phone or via email.  While the timeframes may be a hard number, so to speak, depending on your details, we might be able to find an alternate resolution for you. 

Adrian

Login to Me Too

drhdres

How would i go about having someone 'look in to my account'? would i call someone at PayPal? In fact that same merchant also billed my credit card for the same merchandise two times so i have actually paid the merchant 3 times for the same order so I have disputed it with the credit card company as well. I'm am working with the credit card companies via phone calls and because the merchant hasn't been responsive to me the credit card company has taken the initiative to correct the problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

drhdres -

To reach out to customer service, just click here.  If you're ever in need of reaching PayPal and don't have the link handy, just log in and click "Contact Us."  From there, select help via phone or email.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.