Community Chat 6/27 *Closed*

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody! Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 27th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email. See you then! Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

When I was growing up, I spent a lot of time daydreaming about tales of knights and dragons.  Do you have a favorite mythical beast? If not, what's your favorite animal?

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey everybody!

Oddly, I grew up reading Science Fiction then transitioned to Fantasy in these, my twilight years.  So I was more into robots, a la Isaac Asimov, more than dragons or whatnot.  However, I have since found a fine appreciation for all and sundry imaginary beasties. 😄

Andy

Login to Me Too

smiley2307

Im wanting to redirect customers back to my site after they checkout on Paypal and show them there order. Right now after they check out they go back to my sites login page and doesnt show them their orders, how can I fix this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi smiley2307,

Welcome! 🙂

You can use Payment Data Transfer (PDT) so that order information is sent back to your server when your customers are redirected back to the return URL.  The webpage can then display the specific order information.  Learn more about using Auto-return to redirect customers back to your site and PDT at these links:

Tailoring the Checkout Experience

Payment Data Transfer (PDT)

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

Don't forget to answer our Community Chat ice breaker this week. 🙂

When I was growing up, I spent a lot of time daydreaming about tales of knights and dragons.  Do you have a favorite mythical beast? If not, what's your favorite animal?

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

smiley2307

I read off all that and Im confused about it. Can you give me an example of what the return URL should look like for a specific customer?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@smiley2307 wrote:

I read off all that and Im confused about it. Can you give me an example of what the return URL should look like for a specific customer?

Sure. 🙂  When you create a PayPal button there is a text box under step 3 in the button creator to specify a return URL that the customer will be directed to when they finish checkout.  Normally they would need to click a "Return to Merchant" button to be directed to that URL.  The auto-return feature will redirect them automatically to that page.

return url.PNG

This URL can be whatever you want.  It's just whatever web page you want.  If you want to change this URL depending on the buyer or other factors, it can also be set directly in the button code so your website could dynamically change it as needed.  If you are using shopping cart software, there should be an option in the shopping cart settings to set this URL.

For example, if your website is www.smiley2307store.com , your return URL might be something like www.smiley2307store.com/thankyou.html

I hope that helps to clarify. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

smiley2307

Almost there. My site is GlobalTrucker.com and Im using Pinnaclecart shopping cart software. I want to specifically redirect customers back to my site to show them there exact order. Right now its just taking them back to login page, can you show me what the return URL should look like or do I have to change it in my shopping cart ?

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi....  Good Afternoon !!

I was just reading about the new Paypal shipping Tool ... (though I have not gotten back to selling yet)... was wondering... If we want to go through the USPS website for labels for eBay auction item to ship...  Do we go through the same process to verify shipping....  as when we go to our Paypal account... and upload Shipping info to Paypal to prove that an item was actually shipped.....   I had previously only done by eBay item shipping labels directly from the USPS website..... can this still be done and Paypal verify?  Is the new Paypal Shipping Tool being used yet??

My favorit animals are Dogs and Cats... but growing up I always wanted to own a horse.... 

Thanks....

Jean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi JeanQA,

Thanks for answering the icebreaker. I'll have an answer for you shortly. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.