Community Chat 6/21 *closed*

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Thursday, June 21st, from 4 to 5 PM Central (2-3 PM PT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

We hope to see you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the PayPal Canada Community chat!  This week's chat is now open and unlocked.

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Every week, we'll start out each chat with an ice breaker.  While we're here to answer your questions, we're also here to just get to know you a little better.  So stop on in, have a seat, and introduce yourself! 

Everyone stays fairly busy these days, and sometimes all that buzzing about can result in occasionally forgetting something here or there.  What do you use to help you remember? Share your tips and tricks!

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello,

I've always just used my brain to remember most things in the short term but I know my long term memory is not as good.  I'll usually just put thing in a calendar and set a reminder to notify me on my phone.

I think the best tip is to just get something done as soon as you know you need to get it done.   No procrastination.  I know that's easier said than done. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

My mom's trick when I was a kid was to write a reminder on the back of her hand. I don't think it worked very well because we're all pretty diligent hand-washers.

I have found that using a calendar app on my phone is very, very helpful. I can create a calendar item if there's something I need to pick up on the way home, and it will be queued at the top of the list in the widget I use on the front page of my smartphone. It's been helping a lot!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jason_K

Good Day Everyone - Hope you are all doing well.

As I'm sure you all know - Canada has been without a Paypal Debit Card for a long time now. Can we get more details on why the delay on getting this corrected and a more specific answer as to when this is going to be fixed (other then "This year")

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jason_K,

I know this has been very frustrating.  Right now we don't have any new information about when this may be resolved.  I can assure you it's definitely being looked into.

Sorry we don't have more specific info. 😞

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Jason_K

Thanks Frank

I've been "assured" a number of times, however, without any communication or explenation it makes us (the Canadian community) feel second rate. They were available before to Canadians - I know because I had one, and its been over 6 months and still can't get a replacement. 

Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe the feeling - since I was very used to being able to access my money (without extra fees) in a timely manner and not requiring a bank account - which also has it's fees. 

Regarding the Ice Breaker - I send myself Emails, or set Calandard updates on my phone - Much like I have been doing to remind myself to keep getting updates on this "issue" 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Jason_K,

I know I would feel the same way.  Actions always speak louder than words and from your perspective, I know it seems like there's been no action taken at all.  There are many factors that inhibit us from offering all PayPal features to every PayPal enabled country.  I do know we want to offer all PayPal features and services to as much of our customer base as possible.

Like you, I hope we can communicate a solution to this issue in the near future.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Jason_K
Thanks Frank;

There are many factors that inhibit us from offering all PayPal features to every PayPal enabled country.  I do know we want to offer all PayPal features and services to as much of our customer base as possible.

Except - inhibit implies you can not do this;
1. It was previously available - Although tied to my US ballance. Why can this not be reimplemented. There is no reason why a Canadian can't have a Debit/Credit Card issued from a US Bank - I've had many.
2. I've been told a number of times it will be "fixed" for Canada - this implies there is a problem and that it will be resolved. This goes against your "inhibit" statement. 
By no means am I trying to be hard about this - I'll let the topic go again for a few months - but I don't want anyone to think I'm dropping it, and will continue looking for updates 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

We don't want you to drop it. 🙂  We want our customers to always feel free to be honest with us and provide any feedback they have.  Many of the changes we have implemented over the years have come directly from customer feedback.  Typically the customers that provide the most feedback are the customers who enjoy and depend on our services the most and want us to succeed.

Thanks for your patience with this issue and thanks for participating in Community Chat this week. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.