Community Chat 6/14 closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Thursday, June 7th, from 4 to 5 PM Central (2-3 PM PT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

We hope to see you then!

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the PayPal Canada Community chat!  This week's chat is now open and unlocked.

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Every week, we'll start out each chat with an ice breaker.  While we're here to answer your questions, we're also here to just get to know you a little better.  So stop on in, have a seat, and introduce yourself! 

In the summretime, I like to take in a movie during the middle of the day.  Nestled down into those seats and enjoying the cold, I've often thought about the movie I'm watching versus the book it is based of off.  If you could make one book into a movie, what would it be and why?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Quite a lot of my favorite books have already been movies or television shows. Luckily, I've been exposed to most of them as books well before they became films. I like to imagine the way the character looks in my head without my choices being informed by Hollywood casting choices!

Hmmm, after wracking my brain, I finally came up with a series I would love to see come to life on screen. The Vlad Taltos novels by Stephen Brust were absolute page turners. The characters were rich and the world very interesting. I would love to see this as a series of films.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Hmm, a lot of great books are being made into movies these days and a large portion of movies start out as books or graphic novels.  I would make the book (and series) Otherland by Tad Williams into a movie.  Great story and I can imagine a lot of great visuals.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Frank!

Otherland does look pretty interesting.  I have an abiding love for zombie movies - even bad ones - so I'm interested in seeing Day by Day Armageddon made into a movie.  I think when I have more time this evening I should go back and watch the PayPal Zombie Apocalypse short!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Hi Frank!

Otherland does look pretty interesting.  I have an abiding love for zombie movies - even bad ones - so I'm interested in seeing Day by Day Armageddon made into a movie.  I think when I have more time this evening I should go back and watch the PayPal Zombie Apocalypse short!

Adrian

Can't go wrong with Zombies these days. 🙂

I'll make it easy so you don't have to wait:

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Have any of you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? It was a fun read. I bet it would be a fun movie!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Have any of you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? It was a fun read. I bet it would be a fun movie!

I have not.  I think I have that on my list of books to read though. 🙂

- Frank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Interesting.  It says they talked about adding ninjas.  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Interesting.  It says they talked about adding ninjas.  Smiley Happy

Oh my yes! You would love the book, Adrian.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.