Community Chat 5/9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 9th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

Rick53
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, I may have been unclear.  (Not uncommon....I'm fuzzy in real life, too.)

Quicken, Quick Books, Mint, Microsoft Money and many other programs will download account information provided that there is a website address with a log in and password.  Almost every bank and credit card in the US has provided such access.

Quicken, Mint, etc. will adjust their information to match any format that any bank provides.  All they need is to know the website, the keystrokes to get to the place to do the download, and how to enter the ID/PWD that the user provides.

When I spoke to GE Money, they said they do not provide this access: all access is provided through PayPal.  Mint, as a newer service, does have fewer set ups, but they will work with any institution to set up secure linkages.  Quicken has been around for close to 25 years.

So, I'm afraid the barrier is one that PayPal/GE Money has.  This is the first I've ever seen any credit card that does not provide this download service.  Even investment accounts will download every split of shares and every detail  with prices changing daily, which will load into Turbo Tax as well.

Opening this up will only make PayPal and the PayPal Extras MC become more usable and accessible to customers.  It's a fantastic benefit.  If you will/can provide us the billing detail online, it should be provided to the agents we choose.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi again, Rick53!

That's great background information for your feedback. Thank you very much, and thank you for participating in our chat today! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@dhosgood wrote:

The buyer has their item. What's more safe than that?

I agree that definitely reduces the likelihood that a claim, chargeback or bank reversal is filed but those options are still available to the buyer.  Non Receipt claims are just one type of dispute or claim that could be filed on a payment.  We encourage all sellers to obtain tracking information not just because that will help with releasing a payment hold sooner but also because it's the best way for them to be protected against Non-Receipt and Unauthorized claims and chargebacks. 🙂

I know you are looking for a more specific explanation.  There are many factors that are reviewed on each account. I don't have access to your account in the community so if you are looking for a more specific explanation for why payments are being held, I encourage you to contact Customer Service.

I also recommend reading through our seller protection and selling tips here. https://www.paypal.com/sellerprotection  There's lots of great information there.

We succeed when our sellers succeed and we want to make sure they have all the information they need to implement safe selling practices. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

dhosgood
Contributor
Contributor

I've already contacted customer service and I've received the same cop out answers that I'm receiving everywhere else. I won't be contacting them again, and once this ridiculous ordeal is over I won't be doing business with you again.

It's not at all fair to the sellers that these options exist to a buyer up to 3 weeks after they have noted that they have received and are happy with their order.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@dhosgood wrote:

I've already contacted customer service and I've received the same cop out answers that I'm receiving everywhere else. I won't be contacting them again, and once this ridiculous ordeal is over I won't be doing business with you again.

It's not at all fair to the sellers that these options exist to a buyer up to 3 weeks after they have noted that they have received and are happy with their order.

I'm sorry to see you go. 😞  The options that buyers have to dispute payments is something that has been around since before PayPal existed as company.  It's is a frustrating aspect that any merchant has to be prepared for no matter what payment processor they decide to use.  Financial institutions typically allow their customers to dispute payments for many days after a payment has been sent.   The benefits are that these consumer protections increase buyer confidence and usually result in increased sales for merchants.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Cain_lim
Contributor
Contributor
Hi people, I'll need some advise from you guys. So here's my case. On 26th March 2012, I've paid the payment to the seller for a laptop but unfortunately the seller tells me that the model is out of stock and he will pre-order the model to shipped it to me. We did communicate promptly while waiting for the pre-order but it took too long and today I finally received the tracking number from the seller but little did I know it also the last day for the dispute timeframe. I'm worried if anything happen to the package I can't report or open a dispute after 45days. Should I open a dispute to extend the protection timeframe? Please advice. Thanks. Regards, Cain lim
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Cain_lim -

Welcome to the chat!  One of us will be typing up a response for you, so please be patient.  Have a seat and feel free to answer the icebreaker in the meantime Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

koesut
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning all (it's 4.44am 🙂 ) ...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Morning Koesut!  Welcome to the Chat! Smiley Happy

Hope you're not allergic to cats, we're handing out virtual kittens today Cat Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Good morning, koesut! We're glad you could make it!  Have a cup of coffee!

(
                          )     (
                   ___...(-------)-....___
               .-""       )    (          ""-.
         .-'``'|-._             )         _.-|
        /  .--.|   `""---...........---""`   |
       /  /    |                             |
       |  |    |                             |
        \  \   |                             |
         `\ `\ |                             |
           `\ `|                             |
           _/ /\                             /
          (__/  \                           /
       _..---""` \                         /`""---.._
    .-'           \                       /          '-.
   :               `-.__             __.-'              :
   :                  ) ""---...---"" (                 :
    '._               `"--...___...--"`              _.'
  jgs \""--..__                              __..--""/
       '._     """----.....______.....----"""     _.'
          `""--..,,_____            _____,,..--""`
                        `"""----"""`

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.