Community Chat 5/9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 9th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Cain_Lim -

It's unfortunate that your seller is just now getting the tracking number to you.  If today is the 45th day, and you haven't received the item yet, you don't have to file a claim - but if you do not do so before the 45 day period is up, you forfeit the ability for PayPal to investigate it in the event you do not receive your item.  Think of it like a statute of limitations. 

The timeframes that we have to dispute a purchase on your behalf are held to a standard and enforced by our Legal Agreement.  While you can file a dispute after 45 days, if it is escalated to a claim, PayPal will be forced to close it without taking further action.

If you do choose to file a dispute, you have 20 days to decide whether or not you need to escalate it to a claim.  If you don't escalate it, it will automatcially close out and we'll assume the issue is resolved.  Once you have your item, inspect it to make sure it is as described, and then - and only then - should you go ahead and cancel any dispute or claim you have filed.

In the future, your merchant may find it more advantageous to refund payments for out of stock items rather than holding onto them.  That way, their buyers are more confident that they'll have protection if they need it - and confident buyers who feel safe and secure are more likely to return to the merchant.  This might be valuable feedback you could consider providing to your merchant.

Thanks,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

temp05092012

Adrian - Needed to pay a large bill and the compnaies site uses paypal. Since the card I used was registered with paypal, I had to sign into paypal. Was then told I needed to verify using my bank account becuase the payment exceeded some unknown limit. I just tried to instantly verify a bank account so I could use credit card and clicked to submit online account info (inof that looks ripe to be a phishing expediction). I was immediately taken to a screen telling me the 2-3 day slow mechanism was being used. Why did this happen. Others have posted about this exact problem in various forums and gotten no reponse from users or paypal staff and paypal's help screens make no mention of this. If it's standard practice to kick a user over to the 2-3 day process if something goes wrong with the instant process, the system should say so.

This experience is an example of why I avoid using paypal whenever I can.

Login to Me Too

dhosgood
Contributor
Contributor

Good thinking. Run away from this company and never look back.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

temp05092012 -

Welcome to the Community chat!

It sounds as if the only available option for this payment was an eCheck, which can take three to five business days to complete.  Not all payment types will be available for all payments; this can be for a number of reasons, whether because there are verification steps to complete on the account, a security model, or settings on the end of the merchant.  In the Community, we don't  have access to account information and can't provide you a specific answer as to why this happened on your account or how.  For account specific assistance, please contact customer service.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session and helping make it a success!

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, May 16th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.