Community Chat 5/31

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Thursday, May 31st, from 4 to 5 PM Central (2-3 PM PT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

We hope to see you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@Nemesis000 wrote:

Hey, Frank

Well its summer time what can't you do. I would grab my friends from university and play football which is my favourite sport, although it is tough but its a manly sport, I would grab all my dirty t-shirts and shorts then we would all play. Then to finish the day off we would make a barbeque and roast up a turkey.

24/7!!!!!!

True true.  Anything outdoors is great. Especially after a long winter.

24/7 turkey roast and barbeque sounds amazing. 🙂

@Nemesis000 wrote:

But when the rain comes the fun comes in. How about you Paypal_Adrian While it's overcast and rainy here today, the weather lately has been excellent! What sort of summer fun do you have planned?

- Nemesis000

Good point!  Adrian, not a fan of breaking the ice, I see? 😛

- Frank

edit: doh, I'm too slow

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Nemesis000 -

Welcome to the Chat!

If you're experiencing errors paying with a card (and the card is already registered on your account), there could be a number of causes.  The most common of these is that the charge is not being honored by the card issuer for any number of reasons.  Unless you have an error message instructing you differently, I would start by giving them a call and having them check your card history for any denied charge attempts.  They'll be able to advise you from there and work to set up your card to function.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Nemesis000

Hey Adrian,

The thing is that its a prepaid credit card (VISA) that my brother got for me as a birthday gift and I want to use it to purchase items on ebay. Would I have to reflect back to the store my brother purchased the girft card or the actual card company (VISA).

Thanks and will be stay tuned for your reply.

- Nemesis000

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Nemesis000 wrote:

Hey Adrian,

The thing is that its a prepaid credit card (VISA) that my brother got for me as a birthday gift and I want to use it to purchase items on ebay. Would I have to reflect back to the store my brother purchased the girft card or the actual card company (VISA).

Thanks and will be stay tuned for your reply.

- Nemesis000

Nemesis000 -

The card should have a toll free number on the back of it - I'd flip it over and give it that a call and let them know you're having a hard time using it.  I would save the store it was purchased from as a last resort, as most can't troubleshoot the card much more than activating it.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Nemesis000

The card should have a toll free number on the back of it - I'd flip it over and give it that a call and let them know you're having a hard time using it.  I would save the store it was purchased from as a last resort, as most can't troubleshoot the card much more than activating it.

Adrian

Hey, Adrian
Thanks so much I would've never thought of doing of that doh*. I will give that a try. And did you break the ice, I haven't seen your opinion of While it's overcast and rainy here today, the weather lately has been excellent! What sort of summer fun do you have planned?
- Nemesis000
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Nemesis000 -

You know you're right, I never did answer my own question, did I? Whoops! Smiley Embarassed

I have a long list of plans for this summer because I have a massive stretch of time away from work, but most of my days before that are going to be filled with baseball and trying to locate a good pool (I think that parts solved now though!).  Then later I'll be travelling across the continental US and then flying to the UK and greater Europe.  I went when I was much younger, and haven't been back in a long time, so it's going to be great heading back!

Login to Me Too

luv_to_kill
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, any staff member that would like to reply to my issue.

I opened a dispute against someone on May 18th, 2012. On May 20th, 2012, I escalated the dispute to a claim. It said they would have 10 days (May 30th, 2012) to respond to the claim. They have not yet responded, and it is now May 31st, 2012. I am wondering when my money will be given back to me, or when someone will take a look at the claim.

Thanks,

Emily

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@luv_to_kill wrote:

Hello, any staff member that would like to reply to my issue.

I opened a dispute against someone on May 18th, 2012. On May 20th, 2012, I escalated the dispute to a claim. It said they would have 10 days (May 30th, 2012) to respond to the claim. They have not yet responded, and it is now May 31st, 2012. I am wondering when my money will be given back to me, or when someone will take a look at the claim.

Thanks,

Emily

Hi luv_to_kill,

Welcome! 🙂

Typically we give the seller a full 10 days to respond so the claim wouldn't be reviewed until the 11th day.  Sorry for any confusion. I know disputes can be frustrating.

I'm pretty sure it's just that we haven't hit a full 10 days yet but if we're past 11 days since it was escalated, you can contact Customer Service to check the status.  Sorry, we're not able to review account specifics on these boards.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

luv_to_kill
Contributor
Contributor

Well, today was actually the 11th day. I've tried calling the contact number, but couldn't get any help there. I'm hoping that you're telling me the case will be reviewed and closed by tomorrow though? If so that would be great. Also, due to the seller not replying to the case, does that mean I'll get the money back? Or is there still a chance the seller will keep the money :c

Thanks,

Emily

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@luv_to_kill wrote:

Well, today was actually the 11th day. I've tried calling the contact number, but couldn't get any help there. I'm hoping that you're telling me the case will be reviewed and closed by tomorrow though? If so that would be great. Also, due to the seller not replying to the case, does that mean I'll get the money back? Or is there still a chance the seller will keep the money :c

Thanks,

Emily

Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like this will probably be resolved later today or early tomorrow.  You're absolutely right, if the seller does not respond to PayPal at all, you'll be getting a full refund. 😄

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.