Community Chat 5/23

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 23rd, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

I thought that one was very interesting.  What piqued my curiousity recently was the Square Kilometre Array.  The data output alone is, well, monstrous, to say the least.

Adrian

That looks awesome too.  I'm just more excited for Webb because it will operate in the visible and infrared spectrums so we'll hopefully get some great pictures.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Davehhh

I had a question - I'm trying to add my credit card to my paypal account. However, when I go to get the code, the description next to the $1.95 charge doesn't have a 4 digit code in it.

Instead I see this:

05/23/2012 PendingPAYPAL INC $1.95

I can't find a way to get any more details about the transaction than this. Is there another way to verify? I was pretty sure before that it deposited different amounts, instead of the $1.95, and you used that as a means to confirm your card, instead of this elusive 4 digit code. Any way I can do it the old way, or another way? Or am I just out of luck, unless I can call up my card company and see if they'll tell me what the code is over the phone?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Davehhh,

Welcome! 🙂  Feel free to answer our ice breaker this week: "There's some great stargazing weather ahead! Do you have a favorite constellation or other celestial object? Why is it your favorite? "

I can see that your card issuer is still processing the $1.95 payment because it shows as "pending". Usually the 4 digit code will not show up until the payment has been completed.

The other deposits you remember are for confirming banks.  Those are random amounts between $0.00 and $0.99 and usually take about 2-3 business days to post.

Most card issuers will update the pending status within a few days so card confirmation usually takes about the same amount of time as bank confirmation.

Calling the card issuer is worth a try. Sometimes they can see the code and provide it over the phone.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session and helping make it a success!

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, May 30th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.