Community Chat 4/4/2012

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 4th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CST, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Tablets, phones, laptops, handheld gaming, music players - it seems like everyone has a favorite electronic device.  I know I take my phone and my tablet with me everywhere!  What's yours? Why is it your favorite?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone,

This is a great topic, as I can not live without my iPhone or my Laptop (Macbook Pro) and just last night I broke down and purchased an iPad! I must say though, I do not know which one I could not live without. I use every one of them for a different reason! I will say I love Apple products.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello,

My favorite electronic device is my home computer but the only device I carry with me everywhere is my iPhone 4.  It's not my favorite but it is very useful to have at all times.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I'll have to second both of you and agree that these devices are extremely useful (hello, car locator app!), but I'll disagree and state that I personally prefer Android devices over Apple. I can't stop taking pictures with my 3D camera!

I do, however, prefer my iPod over other music players, but these are all our personal preferences.  Smiley Happy Each of the brands out there have some excellent features, and I'll be the first to admit every end-user has different and unique requirements and needs Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

cyberphox
Contributor
Contributor

So who do I speak to about lowering rolling reserve? 180 is just far too long. I cannot wait 1/2 a year to be paid.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Cyberphox -

Welcome to the Chat!

Reserves are usually placed as part of an application for a merchant product; if that is the case, you'll want to reach out to customer service for your review options.  If you were contacted directly by our Merchant Risk Team, they would have provided their contact information at that time.  If that's the case, you'll want to reach out directly to them via the phone number provided.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

lolita8

Today I have nt been able to purchase items off of ebay. They rediret to a page that says:

Your request could not be processed at this time
Help

PayPal is currently unavailable, so you will not be able to pay with PayPal at this time.
  • If other payment methods are available for your transaction, you can check out now by selecting a different payment method.
  • If PayPal is the only available payment method for this purchase, or if you would prefer to pay with PayPal, please try again later.

Is this problem going to be solved sometime soon?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

lolita8 and dpennellar -

Welcome to the Chat!

We're typing up answers for both your questions at the moment, so settle in and take a look around in the meantime, or even answer our icebreaker.  We'll be with you shortly!

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Lolita8 -

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues on eBay.  We want you to be able to make those purchases!  eBay is experiencing some difficulties with checkout at the moment.  Try clearing your browser cookies and cache, but if it still doesn't go through, rest assured our technicians are working urgently to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.