Community Chat 3/21/2012 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, March 21st, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CST, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

To start the day off, tell us about the most interesting, awesome, or just plain cool item you ever received in the mail.  A book? A movie? A llama?  Let us know!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

When I was a kid at summer camp, I used to live for care packages from my mom. She'd send me candy and stationery, and something goofy to crack me up. Once she sent me a copy of the Weekly World News.

I also once randomly got a hand-addressed envelope with nothing in it but a piece of yarn.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I never received any cool stuff in the mail, myself.  Maybe a few practical jokes, some bills, odd pieces of mail that weren't really addressed for me... but I did used to send out envelopes all the time with just a piece of yarn in them.  I bet people still tell stories about receiving those today!  Smiley Wink

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Well, I dunno... the handwriting on this one was actually quite legible... 😉

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Well, I dunno... the handwriting on this one was actually quite legible... 😉

Handwriting? I usually cut out letters from the newspaper.  I figured it gave the letter that extra "oomph" to get someone to open it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Handwriting? I usually cut out letters from the newspaper.  I figured it gave the letter that extra "oomph" to get someone to open it.

Uh oh... that means there's a copycat Yarn Sender out there!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone, 

I have received several things that have been interesting, awesome and plain cool. I love getting packages in the mail from my mother-n-law, she always sends the coolest gifts. I have an obsession with purses and use to buy them like crazy. Well, now I just wait for my Birthday or Christmas to roll around and I know I will get a super cool purse. This looks like one I would buy. Lets just say I have not bought a purse in a long time.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Misty wrote:

Well, now I just wait for my Birthday or Christmas to roll around and I know I will get a super cool purse. This looks like one I would buy. Lets just say I have not bought a purse in a long time.

~Misty

Oooh Misty. That one looks super secure. It even has a lock and key! 😄

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

The most interesting item I have ever received in the mail, huh?  Hmm.  No idea.  To me the most interesting thing would be to receive something I wasn't expecting.  I can't remember receiving anything that I wasn't already expecting for some reason or another.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.