Community Chat 3/14/2012

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, March 15th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Reversal
Contributor
Contributor

I am really curious about a payment reversal in the amount of $2,500.00. I was able to get a Living Expense/Other transfer (Using a Credit Card) I made reversed because the recipient used the money for illegal purposes. 

I'm very grateful to PayPal to get my money back!

Assuming that the money is taken out of their bank account that is linked to their PayPal account, what I want to know is if the recipient does not have all the money in their account, what happens to them?

PayPal covers me but how does payPal cover the other party?

IOW, will the other party actually see a negative balance in their bank account?

And how exactly are they legally obligated to 'repay' the money back to PayPal or even the Bank that they have an account with?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Reversal, and welcome to the Community Chat!

I'll have a response for your question shortly. In the meanwhile, please feel free to hang out and talk about today's icebreaker topic.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Reversal,

It's difficult to say exactly what will occur on the recipient's account. Circumstances vary, and PayPal will not be able to disclose any specific actions taken when funds are returned for reasons of fraud. In situations where the balance is negative, the owner of the account is obligated to pay that negative balance.

It sounds like the circumstances were pretty unique. I'm happy that your funds were able to be returned to you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Reversal
Contributor
Contributor

Thank Olivia-

I understand that the ?is odd.

Can you tell me if PayPal will pursue getting the oney back via smLL CLAIMS COURT?

I need to ask because this particular seller currently has 2 other small claims court lawsuits already filed with hearing dates. The seller is claiming no funds and the garnishments that have been served are getting Dismissed No Funds.

We're trying to find out if any of the Plaintiff Debtors are getting the same information. 

The monies are over $3,300.00 and there is concerns about these small claims getting ignored. There is talk about pooling all the claims together and filing in a higher court with more authority to collect. Arlington, VA Small Claims Courts are hard to collect debt on.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Reversal -

The interested parties may want to consider contacting our legal department with requests for information.  Due to our strict privacy policy, we wouldn't be able to provide this information to you.  The address for our legal department can be located in the User Agreement.

Thank you!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

My favorite non-standard holiday is Talk Like a Pirate Day, but I'm also partial to Towel Day.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone,

Happy Pi Day!  While I do like Pi, I'd be remiss not to mention Tau Day .

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Ooh! I forgot one more - Monocle Day! People on Facebook changed their profile pictures to pictures of people wearing monocles.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.