Community Chat 2/15/12 - CLOSED

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, February 15th, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

brody111

I did do another checkout.-explaining to the seller that she might get 2 payments. I did it again and this time I saved the message saying that I should get an email shortly saying that I payed.  I have received payments through paypal through my ebay acct, ebay has taken fees out of paypal, etc.  I am just getting nervous.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi brody111,

Just out of curiosity, could you link to the auction you're paying through? Payments typically show up fairly rapidly, and if the payment hasn't shown up on your account yet, it may bear a deeper look.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

brody111

so, you are saying that its not normal for payments to be delayed this long? I am linked to ebay.  How do I contact  paypal? Everytime I try to click on the links on paypal for  their email or phone number, it comes up as a bad link.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi brody111,

If you're having issues with the link for the contact information, you may have a bad cookie in your browser. Try clearing cookies and cache, or if you have a different browser, try that. Here is the link for the Contact Us page:

http://www.paypal.com/contactus

Please do let us know what you find. This chat closes down at 5 PM, but if you have any further questions, a new thread can be started in either the Help: About eBay or Help: About Payments sections.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

To start off today, share with us one of your favorite, unusual words (please keep it appropriate!).  Are you a fan of cattywampus?  Do you just happen to like how xylophone is spelled?  Semantics, semantics, they make the world go round.  Smiley Happy

Isn't it great how the folks who know you best also know the best way to push your buttons?

*meaningful glaring at Adrian and Frank*

Aaaaanyway, to answer your question, I'm a big fan of the word euphonious, because I find it to be just that.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

RusticSandy
Contributor
Contributor

why can't I post a new topic.  It says I do not have sufficient priviledges.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi RusticSandy,

Welcome to community chat! 🙂

That error means that the board you are trying to post a topic to does not allow new topics.  New topics can be created in the following boards:

Help: Ask the Community

Tips: Learn with the Community

Social: Meet the Community

Your Voice: Improve the Community

Learn more about the PayPal Community Help Forum here: Community Guide

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone,

My favorite unusual word. Hmmm.

I don't typically have a favorite but I always liked the word didacticIrregardless is another favorite of mine. 😉

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Frank wrote:
Irregardlessis another favorite of mine. ;)

Frank only posted that as a favorite word to drive me nuts. Which is only fair, because Adrian picked the subject of semantics for the same reason.

From the Merriam Webster definition linked in the post:
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that there is no such word. There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

I'll reiterate the important part:

Use regardless instead.

So there.

Blargh! I'll post my favorite words in a moment when I'm not pulling my hair out at the roots anymore. 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

So there.

Blargh! I'll post my favorite words in a moment when I'm not pulling my hair out at the roots anymore. 🙂

Olivia

Sorry Olivia, but we both know that for all intensive purposes, they are the same word.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.