Community Chat 2/15/12 - CLOSED

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, February 15th, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CST, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

To start off today, share with us one of your favorite, unusual words (please keep it appropriate!).  Are you a fan of cattywampus?  Do you just happen to like how xylophone is spelled?  Semantics, semantics, they make the world go round.  Smiley Happy

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

deweisz

Do you have plans to allow the same credit card to be assigned to more than one paypal account?  My family has one joint credit card so only one of us has ever been able to use paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome deweisz,

We'll have a response for you shortly. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@deweisz wrote:

Do you have plans to allow the same credit card to be assigned to more than one paypal account?  My family has one joint credit card so only one of us has ever been able to use paypal.

Hi deweisz,

Great question! 🙂  It's possible to have a bank account or credit card on up to two PayPal accounts at a time.  This option is not available for all cards due to our security system.  The only way to find out if the card can be added to another account is to attempt to add the card.  If the card is eligible, the website may prompt the user to confirm the card.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

deweisz

So if I get this message

"We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

Is there anything that may change in the future so that I can use the card?

This has been a real problem for me for a number of years and now I pretty much avoid doing business with people who people who only take paypal or process payments through paypal, but I'd love to be able to fix this if possible.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@deweisz wrote:

So if I get this message

"We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

Is there anything that may change in the future so that I can use the card?

This has been a real problem for me for a number of years and now I pretty much avoid doing business with people who people who only take paypal or process payments through paypal, but I'd love to be able to fix this if possible.

Thanks,

Sorry, that message means that the card can only be used on the one account. 😞  I know we received feedback about joint accounts in the past and it's possible that feature might be available in the future.

There is another option that might help with this issue.  Many merchants accept PayPal guest checkouts which mean that a full PayPal account is not needed to make a purchase with your credit/debit card.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

brody111

I have a problem. I paid for something on ebay through paypal with instant transfer. Its been 5 hours and nothing has shown up in paypal or ebay acct. this has never happened to me before. Instant transfer has always been instant tranfer. I double-checked to make sure ebay is linked to paypal. It was strange when I went to check out of paypal, it asked for my phone number. They already had it but they wanted it again. Is this normal? What can be wrong? How long should I wait until doing something,  Please help!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi brody111,

I'll have a response for you very shortly. In the meanwhile, please feel free to answer our icebreaker question. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi brody111,

The system may have been trying to call you to complete identity verification to allow the payment. If the call had not completed, it is possible that the payment did not go through. If your eBay and PayPal account both show that there is no payment, this is likely what occurred.

Can you try completing checkout again?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.