receipt printer for paypal here?

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

ok, so what printer can i use to print receipts for my customers when using the card reader? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

skinhead
Contributor
Contributor

You will not be able to use the Star 220i with PPH due to software issues with PPH app. I hae just downloaded and joined with i-Zettle for an experiment and the printer connected instantly with the i-Zettle app and even the desktop version on my PC.

Having delved into the Android system it looks like the same old problems with PPH exist with the "Handshake" between the app and the printer. The priner is fine with the bluetooth connection to your device as that shows up. It's the bugs and glitches between the printer and PPH. It's all to do with Parity, BTS, Baud Rates etc that Paypal have seemed to forgot about! O dear!

If Paypal don't get back to me by the time I speak to i-Zettle about chaning them it is bye bye Paypal. The idea is great, the app and software are a bit poor.

Login to Me Too

Cyberdog
Contributor
Contributor

I'm struggling to find a bluetooth printer that is less than £300 before I take the plunge. On an alternative method, I'd worked out that I could connect my iPad mini to a LAN Star TSP143 receipt printer, which are less than £100 anywhere online.

I'm still working through the potential setup but in the USofA they were advertising the Star TSP143 as the printer of choice for PayPal Here. So it would work just like printing through a network printer using WiFi to print to a printer connected by LAN. The only downside there being that you wouldn't be mobile at all. For shops, I belive this will work.

I'm going to buy a Star TSP143 at secondhand price, £50? and just test this out to see if it is possible, I'm pretty sure it is and it is one of the printers - Star/Epsom & Airprint - that show up on the PPH app in iPad mini.

I'll keep this page thread informed because it is sooo difficult to find which printers work for which OS, seriously hard, like it has been mysteriously hidden online!! 😉

Login to Me Too

Grhobbydiscgolf
Contributor
Contributor

Ths Star SM220-i isn't listed by PPH as compatible for android devices.  I was curious if anyone has tried the Woosim WSP R240.  I'd really like a bluetooth connected printer and that's the only one currently compatible for android devices.  Any feeback would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

honeybee123
New Community Member

What are the rates for iZittle?

Login to Me Too

skinhead
Contributor
Contributor

This is a major problem with Paypal Here. The app is totally useless at finding any other printer than the programmed Star or Woosim Bluetooth printers. As you may well of found out both the Woosim and Star are in excess of £250.00 where a generic Bluetooth printer is a mere £37.00 or so.

I have asked PP to release the coding or add the coding for various printers and to be frank they haven't got a clue what I am talking about. I even sent by email the specs for a £35.99 printer off Ebay and this fell on death ears. This can make it very expensive for small business as you have to give a reciept to all customers and a copy for the accountant.

Add to the fact the Star printer does not interface with the PPH app in some cases (Star are aware of this) you end up with a useless printer that you may get a refund on. I ended up with the Woosim off Ebay for £249.99 for a printer that is the size of a packet of cigarettes. It would even be good if we were able to connect it to a Epson T-88BT printer....but no.

Interestly though any old bluetooth printer will interface with Windows but it still wont find the app printer which is frustrating.

On the whole we have used PPH here several months without any problems but the lack hardware is a problem. Also they need to do something with that awful reader as it looks like a kids toy. There is the other option of combining the whole thing into a Ingenico Bluetooth type set up but I suspect this will fall flat on it's face.....

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In the U. S. I did get a Woosim printer for $200.  It works well with connection but has other serious problems.  It prints an inconsistent time stamp on the receipt.  I've disucssed this by phone with PayPal and they have a ticket, but I think it went into their discard bin as it remains unresolved.

The printer doesn't do line wraps well, either as it wraps to a new lined based on character at the end of the line rather than at a space.

Another issue I have is that it doesn't capture the name from the credit card.  Even the online receipt may or may not have the customer's name from the card.

I'm so used to using a FirstData terminal which captures everything correctly.

I'm also using the chip card reader which seems to work well.

It's time to call PayPal again on the time stamp.

I wish Square had a bluetooth printer for their Android app.  I think they are better suited for mobiel POS systems.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.