receipt printer for paypal here?

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

ok, so what printer can i use to print receipts for my customers when using the card reader? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

skinhead
Contributor
Contributor

HI

There are major problems with using the Star 220i printer in PPH. Basically the PPH software says the Star printer is "Disabled" in the setting and when you come to find it the softwarre is useless even though it is listed in the Bluetooth Device manager on my tablet as connected using the default 1234 code.

If, like me you just spent £300.00 on a useless printer that wont interface with PPH. Also when you attempt to talk with Payal they just talk over you and come out with a load of crap and assume you are a dummy in computers (I am not, been at it since 1976!!)

I doubt whether the printer will ever connect as the software code is jsut not there in Android. Card reader is fine and works ok, but without a reciept it's useless if you are in business and people expect a reciept on the spot. It is just very ammaturish of PayPal to suggest a printer that simply wont work with PPH. The instructions are rubbish and useless. If PPH doesn't sort this out I will have to go back to using my proper PDQ machine from the bank.

Also the Tech support are somewhat useless when it comes to real technical support

AR

Login to Me Too

marrahjo

Why wont you answer how to add IP address?!

Login to Me Too

skinhead
Contributor
Contributor

If you have a peek at my posting from earlier you might get a bit of info off that. It would appear that after a lot of playing around with a £300.00 printer that is basically useless it will never connect to the PPH App. This is due to the fact the app doesn't take into account the settings of the printer that like you, I had no idea about.

Whoever wrote the software at Paypal only wrote the bit that connects your Android device to the printer via Bluetooth. Even this was a drama as if you did not have the printer set to Bluetooth Mode and NOT Bluetooth iAP it would never connect in a million years. Even when you do get to connect that's it. There appears to be no handshake between the PPH App and the printer so it can't talk to it. Unlike i-Zettle they tell you what to do. The Paypal App is badly thpugh out as it all it does is offer to "connect" the printer with no other option like Parity, Buad Rate, Stop Bits, Odd/Even etc...

It is as if the person who made the app just simply forgot how to intergrate the printer software with the app and Android. Having spoke to some so called techy at PP they were abosutely clueless and useless! I am a fairly competent nerd and I can't work it out as there is connection between the app and the Android Shell.

Incidenly the printer fires us up in W7 and XP.

If they cant sort it no one can. Shame really as the reader works great but people want a paper reciept.

I hasten to add I am billing PP for a printer that is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Not that it is the printer's fault but the muppets at Paypal!

AR

Login to Me Too

rbtx99
Contributor
Contributor

When I installed iZettle on my Android phone the some of the text was falling out side the paper area of the SM-T220i. I emailed iZettle and to my surprise they emailed be back the same day asking me to try a fixed app. Once I confirmed that it worked they rolled it out on Google Play within a few days.

Login to Me Too

canterburyalan
Contributor
Contributor

iZettle works with my star printer as well good to keep paypal card reader as back up.

Login to Me Too

rbtx99
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like the problem with PayPal Here and SM-S220i is still unresolved today 30 May 2015. Like others reported iZettle works fine on my Android phone with the SM-S220i. There is hardware compatibility issues, just poor coding and testing of the PayPal Here app. Come on PayPal, there are just a handfull of portable printers on the market. Just buy them all and test your apps properly. This is really lame!

Login to Me Too

rbtx99
Contributor
Contributor

And iZettle charge lower % fees too. The only good thing about PayPal Here is that you can do Card Not Present transactions. Ironically this doesn't need a printer nor a card reader.

Login to Me Too

GypsyMoon
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to find a printer that will work and idk if any Bluetooth printer will work and if so I don't see where I can add it to my settings choice. I don't have a lot of money to spend on some of these printers so quality and price play a big factor.
Login to Me Too

marrahjo

Where am i supposed to find th Pin and IP address for my printer? 

Login to Me Too

marrahjo

How did you fin IP address? why do i need to enter an IP address if its bluetooth?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.