receipt printer for paypal here?

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

ok, so what printer can i use to print receipts for my customers when using the card reader? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Joe9009,

Welcome to the community forum. 

Generally the PayPal Here card reader is compatible with STAR and EPSON printers.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response.

So, i purchase a star microncis bluetooth printer. Model SM-S220I

It connects to my android phone fine, prints demo reciepts with manufactures software.

BUT, paypal here doesnt find teh printer when searching.

How can i get the printer to work?

This is frustrating, the app and card reader are good, without a printer, poor. 

Now considering using another manufacters card reader.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Joe9099,

Here's some additional information on connecting the printer: 

1. Search the Bluetooth printer in the settings of your phone or tablet.

2. Select the printer you want to connect.

3. Once connected, you then need to go into the settings of the PayPal Here App.

4. Select Printers and Cash Drawer, and Add Printer or Cash Drawer to select the type of printer you have. Here you will need the Name of the printer, IP address and type of receipts should be printed (Customer copy or Merchant copy).

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues with this!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks. I have done all that. You app searches for the printer and then after a few seconds comes up as not found. It is already connected to my phone, and works with the manufacturers demo software. Your app doesn't allow entry of ip address or any other settings. Just a search. Not happy. Have resorted to using one of your competitors that just works. Not only can I update my items for sale on my computer, but the Bluetooth printer works perfectly and more importantly without any hassle. It's your app!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Joe9099,

Firstly can I check that  your printer is compatible- is it the Star 220-i? 

When testing, the app is allowing entry of the IP address, see image below which shows after selecting add printer or cash drawer from within the app

PPH Printer.jpg

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor
Printer yes App Nope. I don't have that. I use the android version. Looks like you have the iPhone....
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Ok, let me escalate this to the PayPal Here team who will reach out to you directly!

Appreciate the feedback, 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

mikeconn
New Community Member

Hi,

Can I ask if this issue with android and receipt printing to the Star SM 220-i got sorted out? I have the same problem, from various Android devices, and wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time with a printer/phone combination that won't work.

Mike

Login to Me Too

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

Alhtough i had a prompt phone call to help form a friendly chap at paypal, it didnt slove my problem in a sensible time. I have gone over to izettle, and it works great. 

So, I know an update has been produced, but i cant confirm if it works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.