receipt printer for paypal here?

Joe9099
Contributor
Contributor

ok, so what printer can i use to print receipts for my customers when using the card reader? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

timkim51
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just purchased a Star receipt printer, which connects ok with  the PayPal Here app on my iPad: I have entered the IP address and the test print-outs are fine (I haven't yet used it on a live customer!). There is just one problem: if the iPad is turned off or hibernating for any length of time, e.g. overnight, I have to "add" the printer all over again - enter IP address etc. Each time this adds a new printer tick box, and there is no obvious way of getting rid of the old ones, so that in Settings I have a column of entries like this:

TSP100III

TSP100III

TSP100III

TSP100III

TSP100III

each with a tick box.

So far there are only five, but this is going to get really annoying, especially if I find I have to add the printer again while a customer is waiting. Is there a procedure or fix for this?

Thanks,

timkim51

Login to Me Too

skinhead
Contributor
Contributor

That reply is the most lamest comment I have ever seen in a forum! Come on....you are supposed to be a techy are you?

Login to Me Too

SunMyths
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please be more specific. Epson makes A LOT of different printers.

Best would be if you could point us towards a list of known useable printers.

I have a BlueBamboo P25 printer that worked great with a my phone (different app).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi SunMyths, 

Welcome to the community. You will find a full list of compatible printers Here

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

jatcee43
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a cheap chinese Bluetooth printer from ebay (£35 UK). The trick is to use the printer utility to change the printer name to Woosim. So long as the printer uses the epson ESC/POS command set, Android Paypal Here app recognises it as a Woosim printer and will print to it fine. Don't know if this will work with the IOS version of the app but may be worth a try. My cheap 58mm bluetooth printer works faultlessly.

Login to Me Too

jatcee43
Contributor
Contributor
If you have a cheap printer which offers Star command set compatibility, it might be worth seeing if you can change the embedded printer name to Star Micronics because it looks like the Paypal Here app interrogates phone attached Bluetooth printers to see if they match the printer name which determines which driver it uses to print receipts. I know it is possible to do this for the Woosim driver. Maybe you can do the same for Star printers. The printer name is factory set to something like "Bluetooth Printer" but Windows print utilities are available to reprogram the printer name. Check the DVD that normally is supplied with low cost Chinese Bluetooth receipt printers.
Login to Me Too

Nantyfelin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much jatcee43. Works a treat.Using Android so don't know about iOS . You won't see the name change in the printer app if you exit and then fire it up again , but when you go to connect through the app it is there in settings and will connect . Super inexpensive way to get printer receipts .  So much more professional looking . Bought Excelvan brand, there are many sorts on eBay , but this one works for me . Changed the name to Woosim easy.

Login to Me Too

capricorn1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, What was the model of the excelvan printer you are using?

Thanks

Cap1

Login to Me Too

zano

Hi 

I seem to be one of many having problems with printing.  I have a RPP200-E bluetooth printer from RONGTA. How do I go about changing the printer name to woosim as you have done.

cheers

Ros

Login to Me Too

capricorn1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, What was the model of the printer you are using

Thanks in advance

Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.