Problem printing to Star TSP143LAN

WyldHome
Contributor
Contributor

Printer is connected to the wireless router. Shopify prints to it without problem. Running PayPal Here on IPad Air 2.

For the first two days it printed PayPal receipts and test receipts without problem. Now Here says "Printing Receipt" but nothing happens at the printer. In the set up the correct IP address is shown. The cash drawer, connected via the printer can be opened by PayPal here so there is some comma between Here and the printer.

I'd like to try deleting the printer and reinstalling but I can't see how to delete printers from the set up. 

I called PayPal Here but the chap was pleasant but entirely unhelpful. Any advise would be welcome. Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

WyldHome
Contributor
Contributor
Tried wiping and restoring the iPad but no success. Some help from PayPal would be much appreciated. I'll have to switch to another service if I can't fix this soon.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey WyldHome,

Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this. I'm sorry to hear that you are experincing difficulties when trying to connect your printer so that you can print receipts.

I will see what more information I can find for you on this and I will get back to you as soon as possible as soon as I have any additional information that may assist you.

David.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey again WyldHome,

I've just received an update from our PayPal Here team and they have confirmed that there is some known LAN Printer issues that are currently under investigation.

This will be fixed as soon as possible and then there will be an update for the App on the App Store once a fix has been put in place.

If we receive any additional updates or timeframes on this, we will keep you updated on this thread.

We appreciate your patience while we get this resolved.

David.

Login to Me Too

djMax
Contributor
Contributor

This is Max from the PayPal Here development team. We have engaged Star on this as well and neither of us can reporoduce the problem, BUT there were changes in 2.6.1 that attempted to improve various parts of Star printing and support their new all-in-one device (the mPOP). So we are pretty sure that it must break something, given your reports and we're actively trying to track it down (with Star). So, in the meantime I've posted the 2.6 version of our iPad application which has the old Star libraries on the hopes that this gets some of you un-stuck. If you visit this link on an iPad:

http://tinyurl.com/here-ipad26

(Which is short for:itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/mobile/apps/legacy/manifest-ipad-2.6.plist )

It should ask you if you want to go to the app store (say yes) and then if you want to allow PayPal to install applications. Once you say yes to both it should start installing 2.6.

Please let me/us know if this works for you and if you have any problems installing.

Login to Me Too

WyldHome
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Max. 

Thank you for a first class response. I'll go back to 2.6 for now and wait for a fix in a later version.

You hel;p is much appreciated, thank you.

Best regards... Paul

Login to Me Too

WyldHome
Contributor
Contributor

Forgot to mention that I will be able to try the install on Saturday and will let you know then if it works.

Many thanks... Paul

Login to Me Too

WyldHome
Contributor
Contributor

The step back to the older version of PayPal here has fixed this problem. Receipts printed okay today. Many thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Glad to hear it, we will certainly pass your feedback to the PayPal Here team 🙂

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

jking77
New Community Member

Was there ever an update to this issue? 

I have an ipad air 2 and a TSP143 LAN printer that is connected wirelessly with a wifi power pack. 

I went back to ver 2.6 and everything worked as normal. But today I was unable to log in, and I decided to update to the new version 2.6.7, and customer receipts no longer print. I'm not even able to get the test print to print. But it looks like there is communication since there is no time out or error indication.

However, the sales summary does print which makes me feel like the network is connected correctly. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.