PayPal here does not see the PayPal Bluetooth card reader

sociosqu
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I wonder what is going wrong. I do have the PayPal Chip and Pin card reader and it is pairing with my Huawei 6P just fine. The problem is, when I start PayPal here, PayPal here does not connect to it. Any idea?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi sociosqu, 

We'd like to help, do you mean the reader is not pairing with your phone? Have you tried going to the bluetooth settings on your phone & 'forgetting' the device. Try this and then try to connect once more. 

If you are still experiencing issues please provide us with a little further information and we'll see what we can do.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

sociosqu
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, the pairing works nice, that is not the problem. I am at the stage, where the Nexus6P is paired with 'PayPal 423' and the reader shows 'Open the app on your phone or tablet.' When I open the 'PayPal here' app on my phone I do have in the top right corner the small 'Card Reader Not Connected' Symbol. In the 'Card Readers' view of the main menue no reader is shown. The 'How to connect' just explaines the connection of the reader that gets inserted into the audio jack, not the bluetooth one. Kr, Lutz
Login to Me Too

ana-moly
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem - 

I have had 3 and all haven't worked, except one time I was able to make one transaction, the version 1 is a terrible product and does not pair with the new iphone software. After sending me 3 devices that don't work they now say they will not help me because I am out of warranty, when the product didn't even work in warranty. Also wont allow me to have a version 2 without paying another £70.

Disgraceful.

Login to Me Too

sociosqu
Contributor
Contributor

I hope it is not the same issue on my side. That really would be a shame.

Maybe the Moderator 'PayPal_Siobhán' has some idea? I'm still hoping :-).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi sociosqu,

Have you updated to the latest version of the PayPal Here app? 

If so, and you are still experiencing issues with this please each out to the PayPal Here team directly on <removed> or <removed>. They will be best able to advise on this.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.