PayPal Here chip&pin reader won't turn on...

arynvereveils
New Community Member

Can someone please help... I have a small business at home (Australia) and I and my clients love my PayPal Here Chip and Pin card reader for how easy it is.  However, it has been playing up for a few months and occasionally won't turn on even though it has been charging for hours!  It has been so embarrasing to sit there with it completely dead with customer and card in hand ready to pay!!

I have tried resetting, no luck.  I have tried every button - no luck!  Any help you can give would be MOST APPRECIATED as I really don't want to have to buy a new one... 😞 😞

Thank you for reading.  xxx

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi arynvereveils,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues like this. The best thing to do is to reach out to our Australian PayPal Here support team directly on 1800 073 263 or +61 2 8223 9500. They will be happy to help.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

WasteofSpace1
New Community Member

You will go no help from PayPal if you bought your chip and pin machine from a 3rd party. They will insist that you take it back to where you bought it from!   A complete con!  I mean, if you bought a Ford car from a 3rd part car sales and not from a Ford dealer would Ford refuse to rectify a major fault caused due to fault caused at the factory?

No! 

BUT that is what PayPal do!   They have PayPal all over their chip and pin,you have to use their app but they refuse to replace an item that has consitant faults throughout and which is manufactured by them. 

A shoddy and very cheap practice. Avoid PayPal like the plague!   Just wasted £80 on these jokers!  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi WasteofSpace1, 

We are sorry to hear you have had this experience. 

What issues are you experiencing with the reader and where did you purchase it? Did you purchase the reader within the last 12 months and what were you advised re the returns policy of that retailer?

Thanks,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.